Info on larger wheels... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2005, 09:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to 98GreenStallion
Question Info on larger wheels...

when I get new wheels, Im thinking of going with bullitts, deep dished 17x10.5 in back and regular 17x9s in front. Im thinking black would be the best for my color (dark green satin).
I have some questions though.
First, what do yall think the setup described above would look like on my car w/ stock suspension?
Second, how will the size of the wheels affect things like drivability and also track times? Would it slow down me in the quarter any?

Alriht, I think that covers most of my concern... Thanks!!

Mods: BV heads, cut and weld upper, fully ported lower, 216/225 cam, 1.73 RR's, 60mm TB, 19# injectors, new timing set, 25% UDP, CAI, SCT chip, PCV delete, EGR delete, MAC LT headers, O/R H-pipe, durablack cat-back...

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
98GreenStallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2005, 10:44 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Info on larger wheels...

You'll look like a 4x4 with black bullitts lol. J/k man, I think it'll look pretty good.

Driveability, you will be fine around town, as far as the track...you will have a little added weight...but you will also have more traction from larger tires in the back.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

sweet, I know what you mean by th 4x4 thing, dont worry I will take care of that with some springs as soon as I can. I wouldnt have any clearance issues withthese wheels would I?

Mods: BV heads, cut and weld upper, fully ported lower, 216/225 cam, 1.73 RR's, 60mm TB, 19# injectors, new timing set, 25% UDP, CAI, SCT chip, PCV delete, EGR delete, MAC LT headers, O/R H-pipe, durablack cat-back...

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2005, 11:25 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Nah, with 17x9's in the front, you should be fine even at full lock and after a drop of 1" or so.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

i heard that going wider then 9 inches will weaken the hub. yea people do it, but is it really great for the hub? it may not be true for mustangs, but has anyone else heard something like that?

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966

**** i have x10.5 and it feels slower.. on take off.. but holy mother of pete on turns it grabs like all hell just froze over, also when its a bright, shiny and clean.. its well worth it.. haha.. as far as stock heights goes.. man.. that might look a lil funny cuz the way my car sits.. it sits perfectly, i mean the rim still looks kinda small but with my 1 inch drop.. it filled the fenderwell a lil.. but im sure if u put a 315 tires by 45 series tires on it i think it'll look cool.. but definately not as cool when dropped..

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I think its about time I do some appearance mods. I have had my car now since early 2003 and I have spent about $3000 on motor mods and $0.00 on appearance.
I was looking on ebay and found alot of good deals... what do yall think about buying wheels off ebay?

such as : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AFS-9...QQcmdZViewItem

wow, thats a long link...

Anyways, is there other places with more reliablility that sell these wheels realatively less expensive than most? Remember, I want the rear wheels dished...

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
Old 11-13-2005, 06:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

i ordered my wheels out of a catalog and when i got them, they looked a lot different and i argued with the guy telling him they didn't match the catalog but he pretty much said whatever and couldn't do a thing about it......
the moral is i wouldn't buy wheels unless you know the seller or you've seen them in person.
on ebay they may be advertised all nice with no scratches but you might get sold the crap ones and not the perfect ones in the pic. i dunno i'm just paranoid about stuff like that.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires