Tire help in Baton Rouge Area. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
Blogger
Blogger

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73
Tire help in Baton Rouge Area.

My rear driver side tire is losing some air, I have to put more air in it after about 5-7 days.

Any recommendations on a shop that can help me with this. I have heard horror stories on damage to rim's etc. but some shops in the area.
Also if there is something in the tire should I plug the tire or just spend the money and get new tires. The treads are in good shape and I really don't want to change tires unless I have to.

I know it is probably better to change both rear tires at the same time but what if I change only the bad tire?

Thanks.
rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Tire help in Baton Rouge Area.

I have been using Treads N Care in gonzalas. Spark Plug works there and they will take care of your rims. You can call him at 647-9631. Literally ask for spark plug. His real name is Daniel, but everyone knows him as spark plug.

Or, if yo are on team shocker's site, PM him. His user id is spark plug. he's on here as well, but I don't think he checks this site very much as he hasn't replied to a pm I sent him a month ago. If you talk to him, tell him Rob sent you. I doubt it would get either of us any kind of discounts, but, it would at least let him know where you were referred from.

If you don't want to go to Gonzalas, then I would suggest the tire shop next to Stang-Hi. They used to do my work till I met spark. They do a lot of high end rims and other installs so they will treat your stuff right over there.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Ok, found the place next to cody's if you want to check into them as well. It's Tire Source. Their number is 752-7617. They are in that same plaza as Cody's shop.
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
Blogger
Blogger

Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73

Thanks for the info Rob. I did kinda meet Spark Plug at a meet in Gonzales just did not know where he worked. I also found out there might be a TSB concerning the tire valves on the GT500 so I am going to check to see if it is the problem first. If not I will PM him to set up a time to bring it in.

Hopefully it is just the valve and be a quick fix. I only have 14k miles on the tires and I really don't want to have to change them just yet.
rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

i have a guy that does ALL my wheels at work rick. if you want just let me know and ill get with him to see when you can ride up. call me @ 225-281-2919.

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #6

Tires are made to be air tight and not leak. That's why they designed them to be inflated with air. If it loses pressure more than about 5 or so pounds with temp difference, it has a hole in it and there is no doubt about that. Because it is a slow leak and doesn't go flat, I surmise it is a small nail or piece of wire that is still in the hole. It will continue this 3 week cycle of slow leaking until the nail or wire comes out whereas it will begin to leak more rapidly. Just go to a tire shop and get it fixed.
Hope this will help you!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires