jack williams shoddy service rant - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
jack williams shoddy service rant *updated*

So as some of you know, I needed new tires. So I went down to a Jack Williams Tire and Auto Center, which I believe is only in the tri-state area. Decided to just put out an extra 100 for some bfg g-force sport tires instead of some *****ty ones. So I get my car go back home and realize that they put big green washers around the valve stems. I bend down to take em off and notice that some paint is scratch in where one of the lug sockets was, no big deal. But then I go around and notice that 4 out every 5 lug holes on every rim have scratches in them. A couple of them are just little dings, but most of them are completely dug out and have all of the paint missing from the sockets. So of course by the time I realize this they are done working for the day. So I have a call placed to customer service, who also wasn't working, to see what they are going to do about it. They are stock rims and one has some nasty curb rash, and another has like 1/2 inch off rash other than that they are good as new. I mean they are stockers and nothing special, but they are nice rims and they should be held responsible for them. What if they were the black fr500s I was planning on putting on. What would you guys do?

*update*
So after many phone calls back and forth and some ppl claiming they have been trying to get in contact with me for over a week and a half, even though they just got my #, I got my rims fixed. They look pretty good, will never be back to stock, but they have some scratches and what not, so its not major deal. So the guy that did the rims comes up to me and says, "ya know your not the only one that has had problems with rims from jacks." I thought that was funny, as he told me that he has done sooo many cars that they have fawked up.

/rant

Old 07-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT
Re: jack williams shoddy service rant

about the only thing that you can do is take it and be pissed...and do your best to keep other people from going there for service...you're highly unlikely to get anything as far as discounts or admission of guilt from the place you took the car to....pretty much all of the scrapes and markings on the lug holes on the wheels were from some lazy guy not paying attention when he was using the impact wrench to loosen and tighten the lugs and also from the spinning tire mounting machine...i've seen it done many times before...unfortunately, you probably won't be able to do much about it, other than b!tch and moan and do your best to keep other people from going there...i feel your pain...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: jack williams shoddy service rant

well on their website, they go on and on about how they pride themselves on rediculously good customer service. So hopefully they will live up to what they are claiming.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires