tough decision! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
tough decision!

right now i have around $100 to spend on my mustang. i have a few options, but am very indecisive so i need you guys to help me out. i've decided to hold off on purchasing any vinyl until after i get my car repainted (it'll be my one birthday present - july needs to come sooner!). most of my purchases would be off of ebay, don't judge me. so, my possibilities are:

1. buy some rims. i really like the BWT Rio, they're 70 each, but my dad would split the cost with me. so i would have to save up a little more roughly 160 considering shipping, but i'd be willing to.

2. buy tinted headlights/taillights. i'd most definitely have to buy the headlights, taillights, and quarter/third light tint all together because if i didn't that would look stupid. that would cost about 130 or so. so there'd be some money saving here too.

3. buy a grille. i really like the black billet grille, and it's on my list of purchases so it'll happen sooner or later. i'm not a big fan of the grille delete just because it's a 94-98 thing, not for the new edge in my opinion, though it looks nice.

4. beef up my exhaust. i'd probably go with a flowmaster 40 series muffler and a turndown pipe. i don't have 500 bones to throw into an all new system, but still want people to notice when i drive by.

5. save my money. is there anything i should get that is absolutely worth saving up for?

6. consider your suggestions. anything else that can be had for relatively cheap that is really awesome?

thanks again. i'll let you know what i decide!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2099397303.png
Views:	80
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	26336  
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: tough decision!

i say keep saving. 100 isnt very much to spend and will prob be worth it

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblack
i say keep saving. 100 isnt very much to spend and will prob be worth it
about how much do you think would be worth saving?
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin99coupe

about how much do you think would be worth saving?
I would save around $350ish and invest in a tuner if it was me. You could probably pick up a used tuner for about 250
Old 04-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

And maybe a 150 $ cold air intake too.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

I would save around $350ish and invest in a tuner if it was me. You could probably pick up a used tuner for about 250
i'm leaning more towards investing in the cars looks, though i won't rule out the tuner or cai.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin99coupe

i'm leaning more towards investing in the cars looks, though i won't rule out the tuner or cai.
Well if that what your wanting then I would save up for some nice wheels like the ones u put the pic up of. I think you have the right idea man if ur going for looks
Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

Well if that what your wanting then I would save up for some nice wheels like the ones u put the pic up of. I think you have the right idea man if ur going for looks
alrighty then. gracias amigo.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:48 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Re: tough decision!

Wheels and a lowering kit would really set the car off if you're going for looks.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:23 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
Wheels and a lowering kit would really set the car off if you're going for looks.
what would a lowering kit include?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires