Mustang Evolution Forum banner

225/50/r16

10K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  mustang0386 
#1 ·
will these tires work on my stock 16 rim

#6 ·
the stock 16" rim on a v6 i believe is a 16" by 7" or 7.5" wheel, and the 225/50 will work just fine, although it will mean a signficant decrease in sidewall height over what you have now...if you go with that smaller sidewall, i might suggest lowering the car or something similar otherwise you will have an even BIGGER space between your tire and fender...might look a little more "monster-truckish" than mustangs usually do

#8 ·
The only problem you will really run into is your speedometer will be off because your tires will be turning over more times per mile than factory, causing "phantom" miles to appear on your odometer and your speedometer not to read correctly.

#12 ·
I have 225/50/16 in the front and 225/55/16 in the back. 225/55/16 is what my car came with from the factory. The only reason I put the 50's in the front was cuz I got a bargain on them...if that is not the reason why you are doing it I can't figure out another reason to change the stock configuration. I would consider putting 50's only in the front to avoid "phantom" miles and the hassle.

#15 ·
That's a good deal. If your interested in putting only the front two to keep your car calibrated...I would be interested in purchasing the other two for my front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.