yay - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
yay

I'll have to see how badly I miss Drag Radials. I hear M/T is coming out with a 315/35/18 Street E/T in a few months if I don't like these.

Hopefully I can get these mounted on my new wheel on Friday.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 08:08 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: yay

do not EVER drive on those in the rain EVER.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
do not EVER drive on those in the rain EVER.
+1 x489054387963476859465490

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

I say, go for it
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

^Thats what I'm saying.

Their actually suppose to be pretty good in the rain for a 315 tire. My 315 DR's work fine for me in the rain so I don't think these should be an more of a problem. You just have to be real careful and pay attention when you drive with big tires like these in the rain.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

are those roadcourse tires?

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
are those roadcourse tires?
They are actually specifically designed within the limits of scca rules for auto-crossing (the Falken Azenis ST-615 i think is the full name)...they are one of the better tires for street classes in autox...they are in direct competition with Bridgestone RE01-R's and Yokahama AS something or other...They offer incredibly high dry traction for a street tire, while there wet traction is just alright...they have a pretty big contact patch for a street tire so they dont move water away very efficiently...but they are very grippy on dry pavement...

The only problem with them is that because they are so grippy on dry pavement, they have a very low treadwear rating of 200 which means as a set of daily driven tires, they will get eaten up on regular roadways pretty quickly because of their fairly soft rubber compound...I do like them as a part-time street tire for racing purposes, but i would never buy a set as daily driving tires...of course, i would never drive a car on DR's every day either and plenty of people do that...

I run a higher treadwear street tire 300+ for everyday driving and I put on my R-comps for competition events...of course, R-comps are NOT in any way, shape, or form made for street use, even though they are technically DOT approved...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
They are actually specifically designed within the limits of scca rules for auto-crossing (the Falken Azenis ST-615 i think is the full name)...they are one of the better tires for street classes in autox...they are in direct competition with Bridgestone RE01-R's and Yokahama AS something or other...They offer incredibly high dry traction for a street tire, while there wet traction is just alright...they have a pretty big contact patch for a street tire so they dont move water away very efficiently...but they are very grippy on dry pavement...

The only problem with them is that because they are so grippy on dry pavement, they have a very low treadwear rating of 200 which means as a set of daily driven tires, they will get eaten up on regular roadways pretty quickly because of their fairly soft rubber compound...I do like them as a part-time street tire for racing purposes, but i would never buy a set as daily driving tires...of course, i would never drive a car on DR's every day either and plenty of people do that...

I run a higher treadwear street tire 300+ for everyday driving and I put on my R-comps for competition events...of course, R-comps are NOT in any way, shape, or form made for street use, even though they are technically DOT approved...
If you think the Falkens are bad I was considering trying the new Toyo R888's.
TOYO Proxes R888 @ Tire Deals 4 Less

I figured they would be a little too extreme though. Apparently they pretty much suck really bad in the wet, they only have a tread rating of 100, and they are very expensive. They are suppose to be a extremely competive DOT approved competition tire though.

I always ran BFG G-Force KD's on my old Roush and they were terrible in the rain and wore pretty fast to. They were pretty stick when new though. I think I will like these tires better though. Most people that have or had them have good things to say about them.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

hrm. i loved the KDW2's in the rain, i could barely get them loose on the GT. i will be going KDW2's again when the time comes.

my current 555R's suck in cold weather, and are worse when its wet. they were awesome in the heat when the tire was nice and tacky and stuck through 1st gear, but now that its cold, the compound hardens and gives me no grip until somewhere in 3rd gear. makes getting on freeways fun, i passed a big-rig the other day....sideways, needless to say i was awake that morning!

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires