Nitto Motivo test and review - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Nitto Motivo test and review

I was selected by Nitto to test out their new Motivo all season high performance tires on my 2006 Mustang. I have been running the Pirelli Pzero Nero tires on this car since it was new – almost 6 years and 198,000 miles ago. The new tires arrived this week and I was able to get them on the car Saturday. Made for an interesting trip to the tire store for the process of dismounting my Pirelli’s and putting the Nitto Motivo on the car; imagine trying to put 4 tires into a Mustang. So with 30 degree temperature and the sun shining I dropped the top on the convertible and loaded the Nitto Motivo’s into the car for my first top down drive of the year 2012.

So far I have been impressed! They run much quieter than my Pirellis did on the road. The ride felt much smoother too on the way back home and I noticed that the braking seems more assured and the slotted rotors don’t seem to be making the same amount of noise either. Handling is somewhat better as well so far. I’m anxious to see how they do in the rain now. It is a little late in the season to try out the snow performance.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
One question how did you get selected to try out new tires that's awesome! You entered a contest or something?
Mr. SoloDolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: Nitto Motivo test and review

Nitto had something posted on another forum and on facebook. I just went to the site then and input my information - several weeks later had an email saying I was selected and verifying the shipping address.

I've been really pleased with the tires so far. Had a chance to drive in some pretty big rainstorms, and this week winter returned briefly here in Michigan with some snow flurries and cold temps. They had good grip in the cold but there wasn't enough snow on the ground to judge their snow ability unfortunately (or fortunately depending upon your point of view on snow at this time of year!)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Man that was a damn good stroke of luck I need new tires like yesterday just short on money right now.
Mr. SoloDolo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires