Low Profile Tires psi - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
DAG 01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 75
Low Profile Tires psi

Anyone familiar with what the proper psi for low profile tires is?
DAG 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAG 01
Anyone familiar with what the proper psi for low profile tires is?
it will tell you on the sidewall of the tire.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

Each one is gonna be different. Check the sidewalk like stated above.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAG 01
Anyone familiar with what the proper psi for low profile tires is?
Just as a reference I put about 35 psi in mine but yeah check the sidewall
Whitestang93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 184
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

I have 20's 275 35 20 and it calls for 32psi
GrabberBlue305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126

it will tell you on the sidewall of the tire.
No. The pressure on the sidewall is MAX pressure. You do not want to go that high. It puts a lot of stress on the overall structure of the tire and can cause blow outs if you're running too much pressure and hit a decent pothole or something like that

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

On my tires I run the recommended tire pressure from the manufacturer, 32 psi. Thats on a 275/35R19
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #7
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
No. The pressure on the sidewall is MAX pressure. You do not want to go that high. It puts a lot of stress on the overall structure of the tire and can cause blow outs if you're running too much pressure and hit a decent pothole or something like that

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

On my tires I run the recommended tire pressure from the manufacturer, 32 psi. Thats on a 275/35R19

Lol
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
jdavis96gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,014
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

I usually run ten pounds under Max. 275/40/17 I think Max is 46 or 48psi so I run 36.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
BCS06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Lol
What are you lol'ing about? He's exactly right. The sidewall only shows MAX. Your obviously new to tires.
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #10
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT View Post
What are you lol'ing about? He's exactly right. The sidewall only shows MAX. Your obviously new to tires.
Lol
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT View Post
What are you lol'ing about? He's exactly right. The sidewall only shows MAX. Your obviously new to tires.
I'm not sure what he was lol'ing about either but I do know that DDTCM is staff here, he might know a thing or two about cars. Just ask him bro, no need to get upset
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
BCS06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 197
Not upset just confused on why he's always an *** on everything he posts.
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

naw, he's good. Easy to misinterpret things through text on the web.
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Each one is gonna be different. Check the sidewalk like stated above.
Definitely check the sidewalk...lol
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
BCS06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
naw, he's good. Easy to misinterpret things through text on the web.
Whatever you say... Btw love your car
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT View Post
Not upset just confused on why he's always an *** on everything he posts.
Didn't know I was a *** on everything I post......hmmmmm,looks like I need to think before I post as to not upset the FNG.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #17
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT View Post
Whatever you say... Btw love your car
Thanks man!
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
BCS06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 197
It's all good bro, I'm sure everyone here already knows the kind of person you are so FNG or not, I don't think it matters.
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT View Post
It's all good bro, I'm sure everyone here already knows the kind of person you are so FNG or not, I don't think it matters.
Another case of not being able to interpret text via interweb.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
BCS06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Another case of not being able to interpret text via interweb.
Lol, you'd think a GOOD mod would want to get this thread back on topic...

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT

Lol, you'd think a GOOD mod would want to get this thread back on topic...
In all seriousness, I run 35 psi in my 255/35/20s
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #21
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
No no no I like were this thread is going!...I think the original question was answered so now its comic relief time..
I plan on driving this thred to the ground!!....SIDEWALK!!
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #22
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT View Post
Lol, you'd think a GOOD mod would want to get this thread back on topic...

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------



In all seriousness, I run 35 psi in my 255/35/20s

That's not alot of air for a tire that will max out at 50psi and in all seriousness.....why in the hell would you look for tire pressure specs in the door jam when you are running a 20" wheel which is obviously not stock Just trying to figure that out.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
BCS06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 197
Well, stock is 32 psi, I didn't like the way they were wearing at 32 so I added air, and they have been wearing smooth their whole life, not to mention their comfortable ride. I work at a Goodyear buddy, I've been around tires my whole life. How much air are you running?
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #24
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT View Post
Well, stock is 32 psi, I didn't like the way they were wearing at 32 so I added air, and they have been wearing smooth their whole life, not to mention their comfortable ride. I work at a Goodyear buddy, I've been around tires my whole life. How much air are you running?
Stock is 32 so that's what you were running on a 20" wheel,you ran the stock psi on a bigger aftermarket wheel? Why that's not very smart Mr.Goodyear,no wonder they were wearing. What brand are they?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
BCS06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Stock is 32 so that's what you were running on a 20" wheel,you ran the stock psi on a bigger aftermarket wheel? Why that's not very smart Mr.Goodyear,no wonder they were wearing. What brand are they?
Wow, they are nitto 555s and let me guess, you get on average 5-8 thousand on a set of tires with your, If i had to guess 50 psi? Moron.
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #26
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

FYI the lowest passenger vehicle MAX tire rating is 44PSI, and that's on a vehicle that has a recommended 29-32 PSI, so IF the sidewall does say 50 PSI, still wouldn't do it
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
BCS06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
FYI the lowest passenger vehicle MAX tire rating is 44PSI, and that's on a vehicle that has a recommended 29-32 PSI, so IF the sidewall does say 50 PSI, still wouldn't do it
+1
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #28
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT View Post
Wow, they are nitto 555s and let me guess, you get on average 5-8 thousand on a set of tires with your, If i had to guess 50 psi? Moron.
Now,now.....no need for name calling so let's not get nasty. FYI, I don't even drive 4k in a year,lol.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #29
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Now,now.....no need for name calling so let's not get nasty. FYI, I don't even drive 4k in a year,lol.
I believe thats twice you were name called in this thread alone!..winning
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #30
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Low Profile Tires psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
I believe thats twice you were name called in this thread alone!..winning
Hell yeah! My *** is getting sore from being ripped apart tonight,I'm gonna have to sleep on my stomach!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #31
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Hell yeah! My *** is getting sore from being ripped apart tonight,I'm gonna have to sleep on my stomach!
LMFAO!!!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
kelidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 62
Your best betstarting out is running the tire pressure on the drivers door sill/fueldoor regardlessof tire size.and then adjust accordingly to what you are doing, but do not exceed the max psi on the tire
kelidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I run around 22psi rear. 35 front.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:38 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.