Summer or All Season Tires? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Summer or All Season Tires?

Which would be better Summer, or All Season?

A breif synopsis of our climate the Coldest Month is January with an Average high around 51 degrees, and an average low of 33. We do spend what seems like a couple days of the year below freezing. With very little, or no snow.
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Anyone have an opinion??
Old 05-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Summer tires are better for performance driving, but they’re going to wear out faster than all-season tires. Summer tires are made from a softer rubber that does a better job of gripping the road, which improves handling, braking and acceleration. These “sticky” tires can improve the performance of any car, but we’ve seen summer tires wear out as early as 9,000 miles when driven hard. Because of their tread pattern, they also handle wet roads quite well.
All-season tires are designed to handle any type of weather; unlike summer tires, they won’t leave you spinning in the snow. Even if you don’t have to deal with snow, all-season tires will last longer and give you the security of knowing you can handle the worst weather during road trips. They also regain traction better than summer tires on slick roads or over dirt or sand-covered patches. All-season tires that can last more than 50,000 miles with proper care.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

I got this offline. My stang came with all season when i bought it and ive bought about 16k on them and they still have good traction. I personally think all season ones arent that great in the snow anyways granted we have rear wheel drive but i couldnt get traction one we got an inch of snow up here in chicago. But once i get my new rims ill be getting summer tires.
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

After debating about it I'm going with summer tires, I rarely see snow, once or twice every 15 years it seems like. Everything gets canceled when snow hits. Lol. You haven't seen hysteria until it snows here.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Haha i know exactly what you mean my friend goes to SIU Edwardsville and he tells me how much people freak out when it snows. Same thing in Tennessee they barely get a inch and the cancel school for two days. The only way we get school canceled up here is when we get a foot or more a night like when he got 24inches back in february last year
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Re: Summer or All Season Tires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death View Post
Haha i know exactly what you mean my friend goes to SIU Edwardsville and he tells me how much people freak out when it snows. Same thing in Tennessee they barely get a inch and the cancel school for two days. The only way we get school canceled up here is when we get a foot or more a night like when he got 24inches back in february last year
Yup same here. A dusting is enough to dealy it.

I did order a set of HTR Z III's I'm excited to see how the car re-acts to new tires.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires