Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Curbed Rim

5K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  I_luv_HP&trq 
#1 ·
I scratched my rim today on a cirb! not bad but bad enough for me to take notice...does anyone have any easy fix to this? any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

#2 ·
if its a painted rim it can be fixed, otherwise buy a new one and next time buy wider tires so they will protect the rim.

#3 ·
Just do like I do, avoid curbs like the plague. You won't find my car within 20 ft of a curb if you help me.

#4 ·
#5 ·
ya I feel like an idiot! I always look out for that stuff and the one time I don't it bites me! The rim is just the stock rims that come with the 06 GT, I will be replacing them eventually but in the mean time I want to keep them nice. I did see online about sanding and polishing the area. I think it is actually refered to as "curb rash".

#9 ·
so I found a fix! ( = Remember I said it wasn't bad but bad enough for me to notice. I used some fine wet dry sandpaper, sanded down on the curb rash area. Once I was happy with what I was able to sand out, I applied Mothers mag & aluminum polish Turned out awesome! very happy with the results!

Dont know how well it would work on a really bad curb rash, but cheaper then a new rim!:)

#17 ·
That's ok, I know of a certain Red mustang with the same problem....
But sh..I didn't say that.

*ducks*

#19 ·
I realize this thread is a bit old but I just now had the time to read it. I'm curious if the amount of curb rash is so bad that you would have to get your wheels balanced after sanding down the bad spots. Wouldn't just a gram or so throw off the balance?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.