Priorities - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Priorities

Hi all, new here. Got my first Mustang about a week ago. Registered here today. Either I'm technologically challenged or there hasn't been anything posted before. Since it's kind of late in the season (NW Indiana) and I'd like to enjoy the Pony before I put away for the winter, I'd like to install the following over the off season:
Suspension kit upgrade.
Front and rear brake upgrade kits
New wheels (preferably "retro") and tires.

Any thoughts about the what to do first, second, last?

It's a 2011 GT Premium 5.0 engine manual tranny.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Oh, btw, besides having loved Mustangs since 1964, I have two granddaughters ( 5 & 3 yrs. old) that I couldn't carry around at the same time had I gone with a "status" two seater roadster.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Re: Priorities

Is it going to be a weekend car or a somewhat DD during the summer? The standard brakes on GTs aren't that bad so i would save that for later. The suspension is going to be a great idea. But if you really want a bang for your buck then get a Cold Air Intake and Tuner first, then some gears (like 3.73 or 4.10s) for that beastly acceleration. A great place to get all of your Mustang needs is Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle - Free Shipping!, they are one of our sponsors.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Is it going to be a weekend car or a somewhat DD during the summer? The standard brakes on GTs aren't that bad so i would save that for later. The suspension is going to be a great idea. But if you really want a bang for your buck then get a Cold Air Intake and Tuner first, then some gears (like 3.73 or 4.10s) for that beastly acceleration. A great place to get all of your Mustang needs is Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle - Free Shipping!, they are one of our sponsors.
Why CAI? Why 4.10's?

If you want some suspension gear, I think that would be a great route to go. FRPP, eibach, BMR, Steeda all make great products, only the first 3 really have full kits. Many people seem to enjoy the eibach pro kit. Is your car a brembo car? And by retro wheels what do you have in mind?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Based on a 75 Triumph Spitfire I had for 10 yrs., I'm looking to put 3-5k miles during the summer. I wouldn't call it a garage queen, but winters aren't too kind to cars in this area, ie salt, ppl that forget how to drive when there's snow on the ground etc, etc...

I've dealt with AM and Car ID (cosmetic stuff, car cover) and so far my impression of both outfits is highly satisfactory.

Funny you should mention gears and air intake, I was looking at that stuff earlier today.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

My point was that the 11+ do not need CAI, also what gears do you have, do not recommend 4.10's in these tranny's whatsoever. I have factory 3.73's in mine and thy are amazing.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I was thinking about what's called "Bullitt" wheels today. Back in the day, I used to have a set of Cragar SS wheels on a 70 Nova.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight
I was thinking about what's called "Bullitt" wheels today. Back in the day, I used to have a set of Cragar SS wheels on a 70 Nova.
I had cragar ss wheels on my mustang up until recently. They look really good.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:10 AM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Cragars are pretty nice, bullitts are as well, the thing is on the 10+ they look a little odd, IMO but its your car so mod as you please

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Nothing is written in stone. With as many choices available out there and "help" from the wife I'll take my time and hopefully decide on something that looks good on this pony. Thanks for the input. You guys have really made me feel welcome. Hopefully I can learn my way around this site soon.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Awesome! Glad you like it here.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Your always welcome here, and good luck with modding. Once you get started it's hard to stop.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires