Lowering springs or full suspension kit? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Lowering springs or full suspension kit?

Going to pick up my 2013 gt next week.
The ride height is a lil atrocious so I wanna lower it. I'm outfitting it with 19"-20" KMC XD WHEELS.
It's not gonna be a track car. I just wanna get the ride height to look more appealing.

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

And would you recommend camber plates or camber bolts? Huge price difference.
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
springs that are the same rate as stock will be fine with the stock shocks/struts and even stiffer will be fine for a daily driver.

CC plates might make the shocks life longer if they allow the shaft to raise up a bit. The lower the car the more of the strut/shock shaft is pushed into the strut/shaft body and that can wear them out quicker, but its not a huge deal.

You may need a panhard bar if you lower it enough (enough to look good at least....) I would aim for a good enough drop, 1 inch wont cut it but dont go to far and have issues driving around.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
springs that are the same rate as stock will be fine with the stock shocks/struts and even stiffer will be fine for a daily driver.

CC plates might make the shocks life longer if they allow the shaft to raise up a bit. The lower the car the more of the strut/shock shaft is pushed into the strut/shaft body and that can wear them out quicker, but its not a huge deal.

You may need a panhard bar if you lower it enough (enough to look good at least....) I would aim for a good enough drop, 1 inch wont cut it but dont go to far and have issues driving around.
By panhard bar, do you mean the strut tower brace that goes over the intake manifold? If it doesn't already have one, that was gonna be my first add on. And I never thought about the suspension travel with it being lower, compressing the strut/shaft farther than stock original. May have to go with a full shock body and spring. I don't wanna 1/2 a$$ anything and run into problems down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

nevermind, i just researched the panhard bar, sounds like i need to talk to a professional and see what all ill need to keep everything inline but stay with budget
Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Take your time & do some research. Head over to S197Forum & read up--there is a lot of knowledge over there.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #6

Region: Florida
All you need is some springs, i recommend BMR and an adjustable PHB, to get the rear end aligned. I added some koni str.t's when i did mine and it still rides nice...nothing like stock, more of a stiff ride but not uncomfortable
BlackMustangClub.com Member#12861
Onelildude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
We can offer you some good pricing on either package. We can provide a full suspension package like the one in the video....

Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords' Steeda Suspension Install And - YouTube

This is a very affordable package.

We also can piece it together with lowering springs, panhard bar, shocks/struts, etc.

PM if I can help provide forum pricing and/or a package that you are looking for. Do you use your car for a DD or track it?

Best Regards,

Tim
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I as well want to lower my semi DD and want all the roll and pitch to go away for my aggressive driving when I can. I really want great handling and not feel like a race car on those days when I just want to cruise. I have brembo brake package and 19'' wheels, what will be best for this interest I have?
13StangGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires