Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Wheel/Tire Question 17x9+24 offset

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  doug5.0 
#1 ·
So my buddy came accross a pair of Cobra replica wheels in good condition that are 17x9 with a +24 offset. He's asking $60, and since they will strictly be used for the drags I wanted to throw a pair of DRs on for race day. I have been researching to see if this will work, but the guys at America's Tire said that for the "11 (GT) I really only have 1 option for a tire that will work without rubbing issues... the Nitto NT05R Drag Radial. I have not, and don't plan on lowering the car.
If I go with this set up, do any of the more experienced racers have similar concerns... is there a tire that is a better option for this wheel. Should I pass on this?

#2 ·
I noticed Jegs has some 17 & 18 " Racemaster cheater slicks at about $250 each.

When my 13 Stang comes in a couple weeks I plan on ordering Cragars from Jegs and keeping the factory painted wheels to mount some race tires on maybe the M&H but the slicks will probably be in the spring time anyway.
Do you or anybody else know the backspace and offset on the factory 18" painted wheels on a 2013 ?

Good luck with your tires!

#3 ·
No, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to wheels & tires. Those seem like a good option. The guy at Americas Tire, (I'm not sure how credible his info is), says a 17" with a DR, cheater slicks or slicks may rub the fender or wheel well because the '11+ body style has "shallower" wheel clearance than the older body style.

#4 ·
doug5.0 said:
No, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to wheels & tires. Those seem like a good option. The guy at Americas Tire, (I'm not sure how credible his info is), says a 17" with a DR, cheater slicks or slicks may rub the fender or wheel well because the '11+ body style has "shallower" wheel clearance than the older body style.

I would think most anything you can fit on a 9 inch wide rim would be ok. Espically on the rear.

#5 ·
Blu13stang said:
I would think most anything you can fit on a 9 inch wide rim would be ok. Espically on the rear.
For $60 how can I lose right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.