Keep stock rims for winter? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Keep stock rims for winter?

I figured out which wheels I'm going with. I'm debating if I should either
A) buy new 19" wheels with all season general tires then sell stock wheels/tires. Or....

B) buy new 19" wheels with perelli summer only tires and use my stock ugly base model 2013 v6 wheels for the chicago winter.

Do you

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

A) buy new 19" wheels with all season general tires then sell stock wheels/tires. Or....

B) buy new 19" wheels with perelli summer only tires and use my stock ugly base model 2013 v6 wheels for the chicago winter.

Do you think the snow and salt will eat up the wheels? And will the 19" wheels with the general tires be decent in the snow
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang

Do you

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Do you think the snow and salt will eat up the wheels? And will the 19" wheels with the general tires be decent in the snow
I am kind of doing B.

Stock 17s rims just got new Blizzaks, while my 18 inch P zeros on the 2013 GT rims are for summer. If you get strong winters, I would do it right.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

I am kind of doing B.

Stock 17s rims just got new Blizzaks, while my 18 inch P zeros on the 2013 GT rims are for summer. If you get strong winters, I would do it right.
But those stock wheels on the v6 are soooo ugly and tiny. Maybe I'll get them powder coated black...
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang

But those stock wheels on the v6 are soooo ugly and tiny. Maybe I'll get them powder coated black...
I know, but I took some pictures when thinking about selling them, and realized no one would ever buy them lol

They will have to do for winter.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires