What size tire for my ride - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
RUNNWLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 809
What size tire for my ride

I am thinking of going with the chrome fr500. I was going to to godspeed but I heard bad reviews this will be my graduation present. So I am lowered about 1.75 in and I was thinking a 305/45/18 for back and 245/45/18 front but the rear tire in that size I can only find drag radials are they okay if it's a daily driver? I was thinking a 45r because the bigger wheel and tire height I could fill my entire tire gap pretty much so help me out on a tire set up guys and what I should go with?
RUNNWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNWLD
I am thinking of going with the chrome fr500. I was going to to godspeed but I heard bad reviews this will be my graduation present. So I am lowered about 1.75 in and I was thinking a 305/45/18 for back and 245/45/18 front but the rear tire in that size I can only find drag radials are they okay if it's a daily driver? I was thinking a 45r because the bigger wheel and tire height I could fill my entire tire gap pretty much so help me out on a tire set up guys and what I should go with?
I have Hoosiers drag radials on my car as a DD. they have great grip, I'm running 305/40/18 on the rears and yes the taller the tire the more gap it will fill

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3205010045.jpg
Views:	2616
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	72864
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-283736294.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	72865  
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
RUNNWLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 809
Do the drag radials wear really fast as a daily driver? I have 275/45r17 right now but with the 18in rim and a 45r/18 sense the rims bigger it will fill more tire gap?
RUNNWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNWLD
Do the drag radials wear really fast as a daily driver? I have 275/45r17 right now but with the 18in rim and a 45r/18 sense the rims bigger it will fill more tire gap?
They wear faster than regular tires. Yes they will fit more gap
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
It also depends how u drive it and what not. Mine wear down faster because I've gone to the drag strip fora few runs. And I go to autocross it a couple times a month
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
RUNNWLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 809
Okay cause I never go to the drag strip or any of that its just my dd.
RUNNWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
2003mustangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 205
Then you will be fine I'm putting nitto 555r 315x40x17 on the back and haven't decided what brand to do the front but nothing expensive but they will be 275x35x17
2003mustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Ok then you will be fine with the length of the life of the tire
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
RUNNWLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 809
Okay sweet!! Thanks guys!! You think some chrome fr500 will be nice?
RUNNWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNWLD
Okay sweet!! Thanks guys!! You think some chrome fr500 will be nice?
Yea those would be nice. I have the black with chrome lip fr500
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
RUNNWLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 809
Alright thanks man!! I will be getting those for graduation or I will just save up and get those then a bullet bike for graduation(:
RUNNWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Nice good luck with it!
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:13 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
RUNNWLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 809
Thanks!!
RUNNWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:50 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Harder you drive the tires, the faster they disappear. If you are going to drive them really hard (burnout, lots of hard cornering, or you blow the tires off on hard 1-2 shifts (how my last set of tires died haha) get cheap tires. The grip difference between the good expensive tires compared to the cheap less grippy ones isn't that much and they will both wear similarly so go for the cheap stuff. Burn the bastards off and drive them hard. I can get 3 sets of cheap sticky rubber for the price of one set of really good stuff. That's a deal to me all day. Love having the freedom of destroying street tires. Also, roasted tires are really just cheap clutches/diffs.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
RUNNWLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
Harder you drive the tires, the faster they disappear. If you are going to drive them really hard (burnout, lots of hard cornering, or you blow the tires off on hard 1-2 shifts (how my last set of tires died haha) get cheap tires. The grip difference between the good expensive tires compared to the cheap less grippy ones isn't that much and they will both wear similarly so go for the cheap stuff. Burn the bastards off and drive them hard. I can get 3 sets of cheap sticky rubber for the price of one set of really good stuff. That's a deal to me all day. Love having the freedom of destroying street tires. Also, roasted tires are really just cheap clutches/diffs.
Like what would be some tires and would you post a link please for me? I want 305/45r18 and 245/45r18 thanks!
RUNNWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire size PonyBoyV6 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 3 02-12-2012 10:46 PM
Tire size for my shelby Hm3toMaj Mustang Wheels & Tires 4 02-05-2012 12:25 PM
Stock tire size for 00 gt wheels? Horseplay Mustang Wheels & Tires 6 11-03-2011 03:51 PM
Tire Size 19" Brembo Wheel Ravnus 2011-2014 Mustang GT 22 09-21-2011 01:58 AM
Mustang Wheels and Tires FAQ: Come here for questions concerning tire size!! Zim Mustang Wheels & Tires 24 12-25-2010 11:55 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:31 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.