Would these wheels look good?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Would these wheels look good??

Would these 18's look good on my 2012.
Looking to black out the stang. And yes I know I need to tint the windows. Haha. That should be next week. Hopefully.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-580686944.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	73014   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2271957193.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	576.2 KB
ID:	73015  

Name:	image-1520088437.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	642.2 KB
ID:	73016   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4113558129.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	630.5 KB
ID:	73017  

Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would go 19 or even 20 with a lightweight rim.

Not a fan of black rims, but they might look good
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2182358668.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	73018  
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I wanted to basically black everything out. Only had the car 2 months. That why I haven't done anything to it yet. But found these rims on Craigslist for 300. And I've been wanting rims. I deff like the ones in your picture more. But don't have that kind of money right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would wait till you can get the rims you want, they look too small for our cars and the offset might not be right making the rim sit too much inside the fender and not flush.
But they are only 300 bucks so if you dont like it you could get your money back reselling them.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. I might just get them and see. And if they are not what I'm wanting. I'll resale them or maybe trade up later.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08
Looking to black out the stang. And yes I know I need to tint the windows. Haha. That should be next week. Hopefully.
Leave it stock. U would have to lower it for any type of aftermarket wheels to sit correct
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
You have 18" on there now right? Just check the offset 1st.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I have 18's on there right now. How do I check the offset. I'm new to this.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I like the bullett wheels just makes me sad that everybody and their brother has them anymore.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Leave it stock. U would have to lower it for any type of aftermarket wheels to sit correct
WHY you say that? Not true unless you got a point I don't know.You mean wheel gap or something?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure why either. If I have 18's on there now and put different 18's on there. And they are made my ford. How would they not fit.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
WHY you say that? Not true unless you got a point I don't know.You mean wheel gap or something?
Not lowered...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3790744017.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	365.9 KB
ID:	73082   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1911170119.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	457.0 KB
ID:	73083  

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
Buy mine! You can get info off the wheel and learn all you want.But yes,don't just assume offset and all is fine.It's crucial and be wise on buying anything.Who makes it.How much for same wheel new? all that! I am fixing to buy another set and will sale mine or keep to have a extra set to just change up
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 10-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
If you wanna do the blackout theme I wouldn't get a chrome lip
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Buy mine! You can get info off the wheel and learn all you want.But yes,don't just assume offset and all is fine.It's crucial and be wise on buying anything.Who makes it.How much for same wheel new? all that! I am fixing to buy another set and will sale mine or keep to have a extra set to just change up
He said these were his old cobra wheels. So I'm guessing they are fords cobra addition wheels and should fit. I'm no car nut tho. Just getting into this car stuff. And yours are the stock rims correct. I believe I've seen them before as a stock option. And I do like yours. Wish mine came with those. Then I wouldn't be looking to buy new ones.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
There going to look great and the not to pricy even if you stagger them and put some sticky tires. All of that will cost only 1200 bucks. Not to bad and then lower your car an inch. It will look great
Blakstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang

If you wanna do the blackout theme I wouldn't get a chrome lip
What I was thinking about the chrome lip was painting it. I do like the blacked out look. But at the same time I was thinking about just a little red. I've plasti-dipped the rear cap. And still need to do the sides. But I was thinking about going in and adding some red to where it says ford. And leaving the red on the dot in between the 5 and the 0. And then if I painted the lip red. Just thinking tho. Let me know if y'all think that would be weird or stupid looking. Also. I've never been one to make something look like its not. So was thinking of plasti-dipping the cobra on the rim. To make that not stand out or be chrome.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakstang
There going to look great and the not to pricy even if you stagger them and put some sticky tires. All of that will cost only 1200 bucks. Not to bad and then lower your car an inch. It will look great
I plan on lowering, an modding in the future. I've only had the car 2 months. And the warranty hasn't even been scratched yet. I'm 23 and have never been good at saving money haha. And am getting married in 6 months and currently signing paper to build a house. So money is not on my side at the moment. I'm looking at cheap improvements to my car that won't make it look bad. I was thinking if I could find some rims that looked better than mine off Craigslist. I would at least be headed in the right way. A lot of 5.0's in my area. Three in my 6 road neighborhood. All of ours are black. Trying to look a little different. Haha.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
He said these were his old cobra wheels. So I'm guessing they are fords cobra addition wheels and should fit. I'm no car nut tho. Just getting into this car stuff. And yours are the stock rims correct. I believe I've seen them before as a stock option. And I do like yours. Wish mine came with those. Then I wouldn't be looking to buy new ones.
NO.....Mine are not stock.Look at sig pic again.I changed it so you can see.They are staggered with 285 rear. My point is things you need to consider....#1 Are they replica (tons out there) and thats ok but be surte what they are and what they are worth. #2 Have they ever been repainted....Surface original? #3 Have any rash or been bent and or fixed? #4 what are the sizes and offsets and if you find out and want opinion come back on here with info or PM me. As for wheel gap.18'sre 18' as for that part.Offsets and widths are another story. You can get factory height as it is now if thAT IS YOUR GOAL BUY BUYING THE RIGHT TIRE.nOT NECESSARILY THE SIZE YOU Have now! sorry for text fonts.

IF anybody pulls their Faux gas cap for work or appearance mod and puts back on.......PM me and I can tell you what is as great or better than factory for sealing all around the edge for quality seal and appearance.Took me a year to find what I consider simple and neatly done.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Blacking out......What color is in ur interior?? That is cool.I.m 44 and dont like chrome.From the error of chrome was the heat.I am doing away wid it slowly but bringing another color in soon.Not alot of it but it will be posted for opin's.I think it's gonna be HOT and seen no other like mine yet that I got planned.All the stuff is here just need some time.My back is still recovering from the susp. mods. Gotta have a jug of Percocet to even do the job with my back..LOL!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	73085   Click image for larger version

Name:	016.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	73086  

Name:	017.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	915.3 KB
ID:	73087  
Old 10-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Yea it's the wheel gap, stock wheels look ok with them... Once u to aftermarket I just think they look terrible w/o the proper stance
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What I was thinking about the chrome lip was painting it. I do like the blacked out look. But at the same time I was thinking about just a little red. I've plasti-dipped the rear cap. And still need to do the sides. But I was thinking about going in and adding some red to where it says ford. And leaving the red on the dot in between the 5 and the 0. And then if I painted the lip red. Just thinking tho. Let me know if y'all think that would be weird or stupid looking. Also. I've never been one to make something look like its not. So was thinking of plasti-dipping the cobra on the rim. To make that not stand out or be chrome.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

I plan on lowering, an modding in the future. I've only had the car 2 months. And the warranty hasn't even been scratched yet. I'm 23 and have never been good at saving money haha. And am getting married in 6 months and currently signing paper to build a house. So money is not on my side at the moment. I'm looking at cheap improvements to my car that won't make it look bad. I was thinking if I could find some rims that looked better than mine off Craigslist. I would at least be headed in the right way. A lot of 5.0's in my area. Three in my 6 road neighborhood. All of ours are black. Trying to look a little different. Haha.
Well I would get those and keep the lip the color that is bc in the future I guarantee you that you will want some color and those are cheap and a good size. I've had mine for 4 months and was also thinking blk/blk but there are to cars out there now that have that. Go with a crazy color. I was thinking about a dark forest green or imperial blue. And then add a of that to your rims.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

BACK N A STANG: I really like what you did with your car. Looks really good. And yes I see now taking a closer look. They look slightly like the one on the 13's that come with the upgrade. But I would be interested in those as long as I can afford them. Which right now. Probably not. But I'll keep ya in mind.

BLACK STANG: I agree. I don't want to look like everbodies else's in the neighborhood. I want my own mustang that makes people stop, stare, and ask question.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:45 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
BACK N A STANG: I really like what you did with your car. Looks really good. And yes I see now taking a closer look. They look slightly like the one on the 13's that come with the upgrade. But I would be interested in those as long as I can afford them. Which right now. Probably not. But I'll keep ya in mind.

BLACK STANG: I agree. I don't want to look like everbodies else's in the neighborhood. I want my own mustang that makes people stop, stare, and ask question.
Well good luck. And same here. I've been thinking really hard on what I want it to look like
Old 10-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakstang

Well good luck. And same here. I've been thinking really hard on what I want it to look like
Yeah. My local dealership had a 5.0 and sent it to rocky ridge for a package done on it and it was black with some blue on it. Then a lot of carbon fiber. Looked pretty good. It was a darker blue.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires