which tires - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
which tires

Can you guys give me some advice or your experience with your tires. I was thinking of nittos but would like some more information. What tires are you guys running and from experience which last longer, are stickier, and best bang for the buck. Thank you.
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I have the Sumitomo HTR Z II, They SUCK on a drag strip... They are pretty good on an Auto X track. But they are Awesome for regular street driving. They stick very good to the road even in the rain which I drive in very rarely. My Mustang is pretty heavily N/A Modified for the most part and these hold up well. I read that the HTR Z III are much better and the Nitto555 is really good too.
MDoane44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I have Falken Azenis tires and I love them but I am not running stock wheels but you can get them from discount tire for around 160 each
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post
Can you guys give me some advice or your experience with your tires. I was thinking of nittos but would like some more information. What tires are you guys running and from experience which last longer, are stickier, and best bang for the buck. Thank you.
i have goodyear eagle f1 supercar tires 255/40r19 all around and i love them grip good, handle around the corners awesome and should last atleast 30k miles but i dont plain on having the car that long so doesnt really matter but either goodyear or Michelin. you get what you pay for!! good to remember when buying tires
Old 11-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post
i have goodyear eagle f1 supercar tires 255/40r19 all around and i love them grip good, handle around the corners awesome and should last atleast 30k miles but i dont plain on having the car that long so doesnt really matter but either goodyear or Michelin. you get what you pay for!! good to remember when buying tires
+1 on goodyear eagle f1 supercar tires. There not the cheapest tire out there but you get what you pay for. Guys at the club swear by them and I plan on putting them on my new wheels when I get them.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
How many miles would the f1 eagles last?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post
How many miles would the f1 eagles last?

That will really depend on how you drive. Also depends if you have a staggered wheel setup or not because you cant rotate staggered wheels as well. Im thinking rear tires should last you at least 25K but if your nice and do regular rotations you could probably see up to 35K. Thats about average for a good tire on a sports car I think. If you put cheaper tires on your car your going to burn thru them pretty fast... All these numbers are estimates, someone with these tires could give you more accurate info.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires