Laguna seca tires - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Laguna seca tires

What size tires come on the laguna seca 2013.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Standard 255/40R-19 Pirelli PZero max performance, 285/35R-19 Pirelli PZero max
performance; 19 x 9-in., 19 x 9.5-in. wide-spoke painted aluminum wheels,
standard tire mobility kit

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

that's the tech specs from ford
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! I am ordering the wheels for my car. I just havent seen them on a red car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Thanks! I am ordering the wheels for my car. I just havent seen them on a red car
So that makes you the first, thus making you cooler than the red cars that add them after you.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post

So that makes you the first, thus making you cooler than the red cars that add them after you.
Haha thanks, i just got them thru a sponsorship with late model restoration. Here come the sticker lol
Old 12-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Haha thanks, i just got them thru a sponsorship with late model restoration. Here come the sticker lol
Damn you and all your sponsorships haha
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post

Damn you and all your sponsorships haha
Tell me about it, hes basically my nieghbor, i gave up already lol
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

How did you get a sponsorship?
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2 View Post

How did you get a sponsorship?
He's not going up his secrets :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

He's not going up his secrets :p
Lol, i live in miami where we are surrounded by three major tracks, i also go to most car show and send them professional pictures and videos of my car (thanks to ozzy).
If they see you will help the name of the company grow they will put you under their wing.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Sorry for this super late response, but I'm certain that the Laguna Seca's are shod with Pirelli PZero Corsa tires in 255/40ZR19's up front and 285/35ZR19's out back... the regular Boss 302's have 255/40ZR19 100Y in the front and 285/35ZR19 (103Y) in the rear.

The only tires I see that meets similar specs for the 19x10 rear wheels are Pirelli PZeros, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's, and Kumho Ecsta LE Sports.
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Sorry for this super late response, but I'm certain that the Laguna Seca's are shod with Pirelli PZero Corsa tires in 255/40ZR19's up front and 285/35ZR19's out back... the regular Boss 302's have 255/40ZR19 100Y in the front and 285/35ZR19 (103Y) in the rear.

The only tires I see that meets similar specs for the 19x10 rear wheels are Pirelli PZeros, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's, and Kumho Ecsta LE Sports.
Two of those three are horrible tires

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Two of those three are horrible tires
Which two are you referring to?
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #14
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

The goodyears and the kumhos

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The goodyears and the kumhos
I could have guessed... was about to order the Asymmetric 2's next week. Very little reviews/feedback on these tires. Wanted Pilot Super Sports, but not available in that rear tire size/spec(would have gone with this if I was staying on the OEM Brembo wheels). Pirelli PZeros it is...
Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

I could have guessed... was about to order the Asymmetric 2's next week. Very little reviews/feedback on these tires. Wanted Pilot Super Sports, but not available in that rear tire size/spec(would have gone with this if I was staying on the OEM Brembo wheels). Pirelli PZeros it is...
The rear tires don't really need to be rates over 97w, you don't need a 103, that's an XL (extra load) tire. Get the super sports. Those pirellis aren't great either

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The rear tires don't really need to be rates over 97w, you don't need a 103, that's an XL (extra load) tire. Get the super sports. Those pirellis aren't great either
You may be right, but I wondered why Ford chose 103 XL over the 99 SL(standard load)... more manufacturers have 285/35R19's in 99Y SL. Could there be a reason?

I do not see Pilot Super Sports in 285/35R19, offered at all...
Old 01-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

You may be right, but I wondered why Ford chose 103 XL over the 99 SL(standard load)... more manufacturers have 285/35R19's in 99Y SL. Could there be a reason?

I do not see Pilot Super Sports in 285/35R19, offered at all...
Ford probably went with Pirelli because it met traction requirements at the best price. I'd guarantee it has nothing to do with load rating. Sucks about the Michelin, they'd be awesome. Look into bfg sort comp 2 or nitto nt05

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ford probably went with Pirelli because it met traction requirements at the best price. I'd guarantee it has nothing to do with load rating. Sucks about the Michelin, they'd be awesome. Look into bfg sort comp 2 or nitto nt05
Thanks for all the help. The most cost-effective way for me to go would be the Michelin Pilot Super Sport rubber on the OEM Brembo Brake Package wheels... which I do like those stock wheels. I wanted to put winter or all-season rubber to the OEM wheels and get a staggered set with summer only tires. I need to figure it out before next week.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
?
Fuhrmanator is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires