Wheel spacers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Wheel spacers

Ok so, i just lowered my car today, i realized my rims are tucked in to much and though about wheel spacers but im not sure what size i would need. I have 18x9 all the way around. What size are you guys using? Any help would be great.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
Ok so, i just lowered my car today, i realized my rims are tucked in to much and though about wheel spacers but im not sure what size i would need. I have 18x9 all the way around. What size are you guys using? Any help would be great.
I went with 1.5" From AM and I'm lowered 2" in the rear still no rubbing issues an they stick out which is what I like
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post

I went with 1.5" From AM and I'm lowered 2" in the rear still no rubbing issues an they stick out which is what I like
That seems like theyd hit the fenders haha. Id want it to be about flush with it. Im guessing itd be about an in or a little less, but i dont know how to tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That seems like theyd hit the fenders haha. Id want it to be about flush with it. Im guessing itd be about an in or a little less, but i dont know how to tell.
I thought so to went with 1" before an wasn't out as much so my guess bet to go that or less for you
Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I thought so to went with 1" before an wasn't out as much so my guess bet to go that or less for you
Yeah im thinking 1" will be perfect. Did you go all the way around or just rear?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah im thinking 1" will be perfect. Did you go all the way around or just rear?
Just the rear was trying to get the staggered look on a budget lol
Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just the rear was trying to get the staggered look on a budget lol
Oh yeah i feel it haha. Im thinkin about doing some on the front too.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Im thinking about doing wheel spacers myself I have the 18x8.5 factory Fan-Blade wheels on my car now and I realy like the way they look but with 50mm backspaceing they are just tucked in way to much. Ive been looking at new wheels and tires (staggered) but don't realy what to dorp
2K on wheels and tires right now would rather do some performance upgrades and do wheels and tires later down the road. I found this pic of a gt with 1" spacers front and rear and I like the way it looks so I think Im going to go with 1" spacers for now to save some money
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1inchspacer.jpg
Views:	3252
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	87775  

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I found These on Ebay for a little over $100 for 4 of them 25mm hubcentric or 1" going to order them this week along with an Eibach pro plus kit adj panhard bar and GT500 strut mounts.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1 wheel spacer.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	87776  

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
Old 01-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
Im thinking about doing wheel spacers myself I have the 18x8.5 factory Fan-Blade wheels on my car now and I realy like the way they look but with 50mm backspaceing they are just tucked in way to much. Ive been looking at new wheels and tires (staggered) but don't realy what to dorp
2K on wheels and tires right now would rather do some performance upgrades and do wheels and tires later down the road. I found this pic of a gt with 1" spacers front and rear and I like the way it looks so I think Im going to go with 1" spacers for now to save some money
That looks really good. I think i might try 1". I just hope it doesnt poke out to much.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
I found These on Ebay for a little over $100 for 4 of them 25mm hubcentric or 1" going to order them this week along with an Eibach pro plus kit adj panhard bar and GT500 strut mounts.
I have the eibach pro kit springs on mine. They look really good.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3701740282.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	419.9 KB
ID:	87836  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tie a washer to a piece of string and then tape the string to the lip of the fender you want to measure let the washer hang down to the rim then measure from the rim or the fattest part of the tire that you want flush with the fender out to the string and that should tell you how thick of a wheel spacer you need. this site sells lots of different size
wheel spacers for mustangs check both sides in rear to make sure rear end is centered.
Mustang wheel spacers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires