AMR Wheel Advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
AMR Wheel Advice

Hey guy's I will be ordering these wheels listed below from AM very soon. I would like your feedback from who ever has there wheels. I would also like to find out if the size of the tires will work on my car. My car is lowered with Eibach Sport System Plus Suspension Kit. 13 GT/CS. Any information I need to know I would like to hear, Thanks

Black AMR Wheel - 20x8.5 (05-13 All)
Black AMR Wheel - 20x10 (05-13 All)

NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 295/35-20 (05-13 All)
NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 255/35-20 (05-13 All)

racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I cant say alot on the gloss black finish.There are some reviews on them at AM's site. I have had the Charcoal for over a year now.I am lowered on "K" springs (1.5") and never had issue.Might need to do some homework on them though. They recommend a 275 on them mbut that may be becuse its cheaper for AM on 275 than offering mup 295.Your profile is low and I personally do not think it will be a problem.
I am a little discouraged at how badly they scratch and quality of the finish,On top of that I live on a dirt road. So far my Charcoals have benn good ro me.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
Road Trip!

So any one will these wheel tire combination work?

NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 295/35-20
NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 255/35-20

Staring to think the mustang forums are a wast. Should of went with a camaro..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
So any one will these wheel tire combination work?

NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 295/35-20
NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 255/35-20

Staring to think the mustang forums are a wast. Should of went with a camaro..
LOL...... Dude you got to be kidding about the Camaro versus Mustang forums. Seriously I love all types of cars. My first car was a 69 camaro. Yes the combo will work. The Offset is same as mine. Back spacing is too. Hell I am lowered 1.5 all around. If you were trying to put 20X10 on the front then yeah I would be concerned. But yeah man I have 285/35/19. You are talking 295/35/20. Those 295's are not much wider.All depends on companies.I have seen some companies that it is no wider at all. The way the measurements are taking and how the tread pattern is on the tire all figures into it. How much of a drop is the springs you are on give you?? That front will be fine too. I assume you are mostly concerned that you will rub over bumps/railroad/passengers? I personally dont ride no rear passengers period. I approach any entrance or exit of a place with caution if it looks bad.If I really don't like the looks I go out another way or in. As for the tires fitment you are good man.I don't see any problem.There is NO WAY in any circumstance would mine rub as for daily driving or spirited driving. I really can't say much else on opinion without knowing how much of a drop you have. If you are slammed at like 2" and concerned alot then go with 18 or 19" wheels and tires. The OS and BS on the AMR wheels is good though.I don't think you will need fenders rolled man. If you ever buy a set of Racestars and get 15X10 rears you will need to do rear sway relocation brackets. Hope some of this helps.
Just wondering......are you dead set on 20's.I know 19's are more pricey in most tire cases and 20 has more size options. I personally would like to run the same exact set-up you are talking about. Only thing is if you like to play or run you need another set.If done at track racestars.If like to play on backroads over in mexico then get set of 18's. You will have a larger profile and that helps with traction as well.I would have a set of 18's in garage with Drag radials on the rear. GL man. Post pics when you get them and opinions. Love to see how it looks.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 02-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
LOL...... Dude you got to be kidding about the Camaro versus Mustang forums. Seriously I love all types of cars. My first car was a 69 camaro. Yes the combo will work. The Offset is same as mine. Back spacing is too. Hell I am lowered 1.5 all around. If you were trying to put 20X10 on the front then yeah I would be concerned. But yeah man I have 285/35/19. You are talking 295/35/20. Those 295's are not much wider.All depends on companies.I have seen some companies that it is no wider at all. The way the measurements are taking and how the tread pattern is on the tire all figures into it. How much of a drop is the springs you are on give you?? That front will be fine too. I assume you are mostly concerned that you will rub over bumps/railroad/passengers? I personally dont ride no rear passengers period. I approach any entrance or exit of a place with caution if it looks bad.If I really don't like the looks I go out another way or in. As for the tires fitment you are good man.I don't see any problem.There is NO WAY in any circumstance would mine rub as for daily driving or spirited driving. I really can't say much else on opinion without knowing how much of a drop you have. If you are slammed at like 2" and concerned alot then go with 18 or 19" wheels and tires. The OS and BS on the AMR wheels is good though.I don't think you will need fenders rolled man. If you ever buy a set of Racestars and get 15X10 rears you will need to do rear sway relocation brackets. Hope some of this helps.
Just wondering......are you dead set on 20's.I know 19's are more pricey in most tire cases and 20 has more size options. I personally would like to run the same exact set-up you are talking about. Only thing is if you like to play or run you need another set.If done at track racestars.If like to play on backroads over in mexico then get set of 18's. You will have a larger profile and that helps with traction as well.I would have a set of 18's in garage with Drag radials on the rear. GL man. Post pics when you get them and opinions. Love to see how it looks.
Thanks for the replay man. I did't get the one's I listed I went with

(2) 20x9 Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels
(2) 20x11 Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels
(2) NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire 255/35-20
(2) NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire 295/35-20
Staggered Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Mustang Wheel & NITTO Invo Tire Kit - 20x9/11 (05-13 All) - Free Shipping!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the replay man. I did't get the one's I listed I went with

(2) 20x9 Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels
(2) 20x11 Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels
(2) NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire 255/35-20
(2) NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire 295/35-20
Staggered Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Mustang Wheel & NITTO Invo Tire Kit - 20x9/11 (05-13 All) - Free Shipping!
Damn!! I hear ya! You broke down and spent some bucks.Post up pics of them as soon as you get them man.You got a pic of that style. I can look for that particular style on some sites. I got a real good friend that has those sizes in the graphite Vossens.The rear may be 10.5 but I go over and look.I think it's 11.He has 305 or 315 DR. The 20's and of course his Vossens look good. He has them just stacked in his garage and I want them bad. Literally like new and said I could take them with me for 2500.00 but I can't swing it.I would love them but I sure as hell would not like the fact the DR will be **** in 8-10,000 miles.I would have to rotate set-ups.Just alot of money but good wheels. The company that makes the ones you got make good stuff too. Glad you got something you like man. **** EDIT*** OK I see the link and for sure nice wheel man.When you get them on post pics
Old 02-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Damn!! I hear ya! You broke down and spent some bucks.Post up pics of them as soon as you get them man.You got a pic of that style. I can look for that particular style on some sites. I got a real good friend that has those sizes in the graphite Vossens.The rear may be 10.5 but I go over and look.I think it's 11.He has 305 or 315 DR. The 20's and of course his Vossens look good. He has them just stacked in his garage and I want them bad. Literally like new and said I could take them with me for 2500.00 but I can't swing it.I would love them but I sure as hell would not like the fact the DR will be **** in 8-10,000 miles.I would have to rotate set-ups.Just alot of money but good wheels. The company that makes the ones you got make good stuff too. Glad you got something you like man. **** EDIT*** OK I see the link and for sure nice wheel man.When you get them on post pics
I think I screw my self. My car is lowered with sport line springs. I think its 1.5'-1.7'
drop. I don't think they will fit. They might be too wide. I will call AM tomorrow, Before the ship them.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think I screw my self. My car is lowered with sport line springs. I think its 1.5'-1.7'
drop. I don't think they will fit. They might be too wide. I will call AM tomorrow, Before the ship them.
I don't think so man.....He ran those Vossens on his 11 GT with no issue. Not sure what springs he was on but I can find out for sure about that and width.I know he had Koni's yellow sport adjustables.I got the Koni STR.T sitting at my foot for the longest but looks like by this time next week they will be on. Let me go over and read some of his PM's and see. It may have been a text to my ohone so might not be able to find out.Going to check now.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Dude I was just that quick over "there" under "TIRES and WHEELS" and the 9th one down is a thread called "lowered on 20's...Pic's please".I read a few quick ones and there are guys on sport lines. Man you need to follow up on what I was telling ya.The info is there.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Rack- You are not going to have rubbing problems with the sizes you are looking at. My car is lowered on Eibach ProKit springs, etc and I have 9-1/2x20 Steeda Spyder rims with 275/35's on the front and 11x20's with 315/35 Nitto Invos and have had absolutely zero rubbing issues. You will have room to spare. One thing to remember is that your Mustang's rear fenders' inside edges are "rolled" from the factory, this gives some extra clearance vs other cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	North Carolina 07-12 009.JPG
Views:	611
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	89145  
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski View Post
Rack- You are not going to have rubbing problems with the sizes you are looking at. My car is lowered on Eibach ProKit springs, etc and I have 9-1/2x20 Steeda Spyder rims with 275/35's on the front and 11x20's with 315/35 Nitto Invos and have had absolutely zero rubbing issues. You will have room to spare. One thing to remember is that your Mustang's rear fenders' inside edges are "rolled" from the factory, this gives some extra clearance vs other cars.
Can you post more pics? And your eibach drop is how much?Thankss
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Not real sure what the drop is, (I am sure someone on this forum can tell us what Eibach advertises the drop as) but I can tell you that the suspension has settled since the Eibach parts were installed and the stance is pretty darn aggressive. The pic on the lower left is older, and you can see that there is more air space above the rear tire, this is prior to the suspension settling.
Ride has really not suffered much either.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2192012xlphoto (2).jpg
Views:	2497
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	89148   Click image for larger version

Name:	03112012-1(2).jpg
Views:	603
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	89149  

Name:	03162012.jpg
Views:	4968
Size:	360.6 KB
ID:	89150   Click image for larger version

Name:	5182012-1.jpg
Views:	2370
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	89151  

2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

1 front 1.5 rear.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
1 front 1.5 rear.
I knew someone on here would have the correct drop numbers.
If you look at the first pic I posted in this forum, you can see how low my car sits over the tires- I bet that my springs have settled close to another 1/2 inch.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I knew someone on here would have the correct drop numbers.
If you look at the first pic I posted in this forum, you can see how low my car sits over the tires- I bet that my springs have settled close to another 1/2 inch.
Now last question, can you possibly measure from the bottom of your car to the floor to see how much clearance you have, i would really appreciate it.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Not going to do that today. It's 15 degrees out there (even in my garage).
Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not going to do that today. It's 15 degrees out there (even in my garage).
Alright lol well whenever you can, pretty much like this

Name:	ForumRunner_20130204_093329.png
Views:	275
Size:	427.1 KB
ID:	89154
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

What part of the car do you want it measured from?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What part of the car do you want it measured from?
Front bumper to the floor, because i put a kit and i wanted to clarify the hieght that i will be playing with if i install the splitter under the lip kit
Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Just went out and measured (brrr). It is right at 4"
Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just went out and measured (brrr). It is right at 4"
Lmao man its about 70s here and im brrr lol thanks btw, im gusssing a one inch drop will leave me at 4 aswell, you said you had no rubbing issues at all?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Lmao man its about 70s here and im brrr lol thanks btw, im gusssing a one inch drop will leave me at 4 aswell, you said you had no rubbing issues at all?
Ozzy if he is at four you will be lower because the drop of 1in is not Exactly 1 in, from what i have seen you will be in the 3 in or so.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quick wheel question, didn't want to start a new thread for one question. Does anyone know where to buy a 20"x10" Chrome bullitt wheel with a 6.5" back spacing, only thing I'm finding is 7.4 back spacing on AM.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Bellski, how do those nittos hold up?
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Nittos are good so far, I have about 10K on them- can't really notice any wear to date.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Wow that's awesome, do you drive hard/ daily drive it?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

My car is not a daily driver- strictly a toy. That said, I do beat on it pretty good. I am impressed with how the Invos are wearing so far.
PS- I just checked my odometer, I have 8K on them.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Appreciate the info, had nittos on my truck and the were horrible so good to hear they fixed them
Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Really? I was looking at Nitto Grapplers for my 4X4 truck- I appreciate the info...
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I had mud grapplers seriously got only about 8-10k miles outa both sets I put on. Also I had 35/12.5 so there were around 350-380 a piece if I remember right.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks- appreciate it
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Thanks for the information guys.

I called AM today and changed my order, They said the 20'' should fit but it would be close.

I ended up going with Staggered Piano Black Forgestar F14 Wheel & General Tire Kit - 19x9/10

I wanted the CF10's but they only had one front wheel.

I wanted to save some wight and the 20' plus larger tire would not help. My stock wheel&tire are 59Lb. I will post the weight of these when I get by the end of the week. That's 236Lb, I hope these new wheels will shave some of that weight down.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Do you think a rear 295/40/20 would rub with a one inch drop
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I will be running a 295/35r20 with a 2 inch drop. So I think you will be fine. Them I'm running a 245/35r20 in the front
Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
I will be running a 295/35r20 with a 2 inch drop. So I think you will be fine,
Yeah because my 3d carbon kit has me at 4 1/2 inches of the ground, compared to mcqueen 7 inches, and none of us are droped, im debating whether or not to drop

Name:	ForumRunner_20130204_235734.png
Views:	4278
Size:	491.3 KB
ID:	89260

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires