Wheels & Tires - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Wheels & Tires

I've been debating upgrading my stock (GT Premium) 18" wheels & tires. Well two things happened today that may push me closer to the edge. I picked up what looks like a 2" knife blade in my right rear. Tire is ruined and cannot be repaired per tire store (have dealt with & trust these guys). After I got home , in my mailbox I find a Bonus check from my previous employer. Is this like the planets lining up or what???
I Really like the look of the Ford GT style wheels offered by LMR & also the GT4 models from AM. I know 4 the same size makes more sense as far as rotation etc... but I also like the staggered look, going one inch wider (10s) for the rear. My car is a DD, M-82 with 3.55s. I live in the Phoenix area and therefore snow or rain isn't really much of an issue. I do not race or track the car & have no intention of lowering it, so I'm looking more at wear/life, than soft & sticky. Should I forego the wheel tire packages & just order the wheels & go with my local tire store to pick up a road hazzard guarantee on their tires? Suggestions please, but let's keep it friendly. Thanks guys
graystone2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #2

Region: Canada
im a fan of the 13 GT500 rims, was going to order the RTR's but seems like everyone has em.
puddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Shelby razors (black) look sick... 20's staggered.

Am has them for roughly $250 ea.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Thanks for the replies puddy & nhcowboy.... I'm pretty much decided on wheel style, just not sure if staggered is the way to go & also what might be a good choice for tires with respect to durability. Maybe I'm being too practical. ha ha
graystone2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by graystone2013 View Post
Thanks for the replies puddy & nhcowboy.... I'm pretty much decided on wheel style, just not sure if staggered is the way to go & also what might be a good choice for tires with respect to durability. Maybe I'm being too practical. ha ha
you could always do wheel spacers so you still get that backend stick out look but at the same time be able to rotate your wheels.

Probably a good all season tire? I think a lot of people like the pilot sport from michelin? Little pricy tho. I am getting Mickey Thompson tires myself.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Check out:
Ford Racing Parts for Less - BuyFordRacing.com
Costs nothing to look, wheel sets starting @ $ 649.00................free shipping !

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

you could always do wheel spacers so you still get that backend stick out look but at the same time be able to rotate your wheels.

Probably a good all season tire? I think a lot of people like the pilot sport from michelin? Little pricy tho. I am getting Mickey Thompson tires myself.
I agree on the Michelins. They will even honor half thread life warranty on staggered tires.
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
rick9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
good luck , cant wait to see the photos
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires