What do you put on your tires? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
What do you put on your tires?

Trying a new tire "gel" this year, and not liking it. It does not seem to last as long as a spray. What have you guys tried that gives you the best result?

StangSleeperGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I use Meguires back to black. I'm not even sure if its intended for rubber but I use it on my plastic panels and was like, **** it and I put it on my tires too. I like it.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i only use water based tire shines...i hate gels and most sprays due to being silicone based which damages not on the finish over time but the rubber itself of the tire

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I used a new tire gel. I will leave company nameless at this point lol. I took great pains to put the crap on, wipe off any excess and got them lookin real pretty. I can't take splatter. So I wipe an I wipe and I wipe some more. I take the wife out, get to 5 guys and I'm like, "baby, you see anything on the car?" She's like "no", I'm like, "whoooooo hoooooo" get home, today I go out and poof splatter! Idc what comes or goes can we please get a company to make a product that actually stays on the tire? I cleaned every inch off with a towel to make sure it didn't happen and poof!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Discount tires brand works really good, so does zaino's. The zaino works really well on the plastic trim too.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
When I feel the need for a tire shine I'm using armor all gel. It's the only armor all product I use. Wipe on. Wipe off. Let the car sit for 15 mins. Never had splatter issues with this stuff because I give it time to soak in.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I've been using Mothers FX Tire Shine, and am really happy with it. I used to use either Armor All original or extreme tire gel on my other car, and they both always slung everywhere no matter how long I let the tires dry. I also noticed that when the shine wore off it left my tires brown. Mothers FX Tire Shine is water based so it doesn't have the durability of a gel, but when it wears off it leaves no residue, and it doesn't sling.

2013 Sterling Grey Mustang by Josh_LSTV, on Flickr
Old 04-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I usually use meguair's I believe or mothers usually what's on sale at the time haha
kornflake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i only use water based tire shines...i hate gels and most sprays due to being silicone based which damages not on the finish over time but the rubber itself of the tire
Thats good to know... I tell ya theres nothing worse than a dull tire though. But choosing the correct tire shines is a great call
04' TR Mach 1 w/ IUP-Vortech V2 3.48" pulley-aftercooler-Anderson PP-90mm MAF-SVT pump-42lb frpp injectors-Steeda battery/trunk-frpp 4.10's-SOS Pillar w/ Ford Racing Fuel,boost/vac gauges-aluminum DS-Steeda tri ax-caster cambers-eibach damper and pro kit-MM FL subframes-borla stinger catback-17x10.5 TT-nitto 555r-04 cobra mirrors/side skirts-CDC decklid panel,billet fuel door-sequential tails-Mach 1 sills-billet antenna-MGW Mach 1 plate covers-MGW brake handle-35% tint-455 rwhp 389 tq
Rumplemenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Black magic I've read up and is 100% tire safe I prefer the wax it gives it a very good look
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I've been using Black Magic for YEARS, never had a problem, always works great and lasts. Also doesn't eff up your tires.

Not a pic I was taking of the wheels but the best one I have right now.

scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I've been looking at this stuff called Tuf Shine. It is a water based clear coat that is supposed to lasts for months with our reapplying. Has anyone else heard of this product or have any experience with it?
Silver06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I use Meguires also works pretty good
Bakiebruno5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires