Bullits with Brembos? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Bullits with Brembos?

Anybody know of any Bullit type wheels that will fit with Brembos? I finally narrowed down my new tire and wheel selection to 255/40x19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports on Bullitt Rims all around (OK maybe 285's in the rear) and the Ford Front Brembo kit BUT Bullitts won't fit over the Brembos and I cant seam to find anything even resembling a Bullitt that will fit. I hate to give up on either. I either compromise and go with the Bullitts and just put in some Hawk pads every track or autocross OR go for the Brembos and opt for wheels that fit over them but really not feelin the love spending all the money on wheels I really don't want.

Heeeeeeelllllpppp!!!
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Maybe check out the Shelby RAZR's? They aren't bullit but have a similar spike design
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I saw them but the choices are 18 or 20 inch, i'm looking for 19's. Def don't want to go to 20's for a few reasons but the18's may be a good way to have my cake ander

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

[QUOTE="kramer;1620371"]Yeah I saw them but the choices are 18 or 20 inch, i'm looking for 19's. Def don't want to go to 20's for a few reasons but the18's may be a good way to have my cake and eat it too! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
everybody and their brother has bullet rims, specially if they have older mustangs!!! Get the brembos and get some different wheels
Old 04-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well I checked and can probably squeeze another couple of months out of the tires so I'll beat the crap out of this a little more and make the call in June.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
Well I checked and can probably squeeze another couple of months out of the tires so I'll beat the crap out of this a little more and make the call in June.
Compromised and went with Bullitt and Hawk HPS pads (installing next week). I'm happy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3571430152.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	591.6 KB
ID:	115446  
Old 06-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
that's clean. If I ever decide that I'm tired of the brembo wheels (not likely to be anytime soon) I was considering some bullit lookalikes, or some torquethrust IIs.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
American Racing Maverick Wheels

I wasn't able to find any Bullit wheels for my 2013 GT (track pack) with Brembos. I finally found from the Tire Rack that the American Racing Maverick wheels (18x8) would fit. I've got them on the car with new Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, 255/45ZR18 (they are on sale now too). Really like the look. But now I don't know what to do with the four tires/wheels that came with the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	014.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	115509  
Old 06-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
that's clean. If I ever decide that I'm tired of the brembo wheels (not likely to be anytime soon) I was considering some bullit lookalikes, or some torquethrust IIs.
Had those on my 99 z28 in the past. Great looking rim.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:10 AM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Moves to wheels and tires

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post

Compromised and went with Bullitt and Hawk HPS pads (installing next week). I'm happy!
OK, balancing didn't last....at all. Took it to another place and they also had to put a ton of weight on all the AM Bullitt wheels but got them right . UNTIL we put the wheels on the cat and noticed the calipers hitting the weights!!! Turns out there is only a few millimeters of clearance between the front calipers and the wheels so adding weights to the preferred centerline is not an option. Changed the stick on weights to the traditionally mounted inside on the rim and now they're clear. Unfortunately having all the weight on the inside is not the best for optimum balance and I can feel it and will have to get them changed to inside AND outside which ain't gonna look great.

I wish I had know this was the case with the 18" Bullitts and would have waited until the 19's came in September ( the original plan). Now Ive just spent over 2 grand and even the best scenario of a good balance is going to end up with some weights on the outside chrome portion of the wheels!!! It is what it is and I just hope the third balancing is the charm.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires