what tires do most people recomend??? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
In the article the guy claims he's found tires with several quarts of water inside. Never heard that before in my life. Your going to notice that much water inside your tires.
I bought a car once that had a significant amount of water inside the tire ... it was winter and the water was frozen so we thought it was just out-of-balance. I think the service department was as surprised as I was to find that there was a bunch of water inside the tire.

Yes, the ride was very odd.
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I actually went with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tires. I have the Brembo package, and kept the stock size of 255/40r19.

From my experience, and all the research I did before getting these tires, they are great! I get a lot better traction, and so far have 17k miles on them and I've only gone through like 50% of the tread. Not to mention it only ran me like $900 for four of them!

http://www.vredestein.com/car-tyres/...sessanta/info/
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:47 AM   #38

Region: Louisiana
Tires I reccomend

I have a 2015 supercharged 5.0 that came stock with the performance package
Perilli p-zeros 9.5 inch 275/40-19 in back and 9 inch 255/40-19 up front. They sucked bad no traction at all. With my supercharger wheel spin was very bad. I upgraded to a set of AMR staggered wheels 10 inch in back and 8.5 upfront with Michelin Pilot Super sports 305/30-19 in back and 255/30-19 upfront. HANDS DOWN the best tire i have ever owned. The grip and traction compared to the p-zeros are light years ahead . No wheel spin and no back end getting sideways puts all the power to the ground.They were a bit pricey at 1253 for the set but worth every penny I highly recommend them especially if you have high horsepower like myself.
2015 Roush supercharged 5.0 upgraded to 75mm pulley kooks longtubes, offroad hpipe, magnaflow magnapacks, tuned by Lund racing.
timreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
The nitto invo is the best tire I've had on my mustang by far. They have a ton of traction, are really quiet, and can handle the rain better than most sport tires which might be nice for a dd depending on where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Trevorhart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:18 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
If you're going to be do lots of burn outs with these new tires, don't buy really nice tires. If you go to some tire shop website( discount tire or something like that) you can read peoples reviews of the tire.
ascottg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:29 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I wonder if all the people on the first page and first 2 posts on the 2nd page still have those tire sets from 3 years ago...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:20 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I wonder if all the people on the first page and first 2 posts on the 2nd page still have those tire sets from 3 years ago...
I'd venture to bet no. I cringe any time I see someone recommending MT street comps for anything other than an emergency "HALP I HAVE NO MONEY AND NEED TIRES!" situation.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
I'd venture to bet no. I cringe any time I see someone recommending MT street comps for anything other than an emergency "HALP I HAVE NO MONEY AND NEED TIRES!" situation.
Um, no the Mickeys are good tires. Maybe you mean the Sumis?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:24 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

I can't speak for sumis as I haven't tried them.
Just because MT makes good drag tires, doesn't mean all their tires are good. MT Street Comps are awful as far as summer tires go, I don't think they belong in the Max Performance Summer segment that they are currently in. Nor do the Coopers they're identical to. Their only pros are low price and high tread life. The mickeys I tried spun far easier than the stock Pirellis that everyone hates and got hot and oily on the road course in a matter of a couple laps. It was my 2nd time doing it too so I wasn't trying to set lap records or anything, but the car wanted to drift everywhere compared to the Pirellis.
As I said they are a decent low budget emergency tire, or fine if you just cruise around and never try to extract performance from your car. But I would NEVER suggest them as an upgrade, to any previous tire. When you have Continental DW or Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the same class you can't call these good.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires