Tires/rims staggered? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 98
Tires/rims staggered?

Hey guys,

So here is the deal, I have the 19 inch rims with the stock tires that also came with the car.

I want better traction. Do I
1) get 4 new rims and tires all the same size
2) go for 315s in the back and 265 in the front

Thanks
Appreciate any and all feedback
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winter Haven
Region: Florida
Posts: 407
go 19's in the front and 20's in the back. 20" tires are cheaper and a better selection.
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fritzep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Region: Canada
Posts: 133
I would go with what the factory did on either the GT500 or the BOSS. Both those cars have awesome track performance. So basically it's easy because Ford did all the testing to come up with the best combo. For tire brand, I would go with the stickiest possible. They will be expensive because they are softer and will wear more quickly.
Fritzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefron50 View Post
go 19's in the front and 20's in the back. 20" tires are cheaper and a better selection.
But wouldn't that give me less rubber? Is that a good thing? I'm not as worried about the diameter as I am the width.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzep View Post
I would go with what the factory did on either the GT500 or the BOSS. Both those cars have awesome track performance. So basically it's easy because Ford did all the testing to come up with the best combo. For tire brand, I would go with the stickiest possible. They will be expensive because they are softer and will wear more quickly.
Hmmm that's a good idea.
I'll have to look that up
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
ShelbyGT500B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Woodstock
Region: Georgia
Posts: 375
I would go with selection #2.
ShelbyGT500B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
I bought the shelby cs1 matte black rims on am and bought the Staggered set with nitro involved tires. Went 265 on the front and 295 on rear. I have a ton of traction and next time will be getting 315 for the rear just for the look
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
I bought the shelby cs1 matte black rims on am and bought the Staggered set with nitro involved tires. Went 265 on the front and 295 on rear. I have a ton of traction and next time will be getting 315 for the rear just for the look
How many miles have you got on those invos? I've heard they don't last past 20K miles.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:22 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
I bought the shelby cs1 matte black rims on am and bought the Staggered set with nitro involved tires. Went 265 on the front and 295 on rear. I have a ton of traction and next time will be getting 315 for the rear just for the look
So them staggered is the way to go?
Did you have to get your car tuned after rims and tires?
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:49 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBetty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 167
Yes staggered looks so much better and they will hook better with a wider tire in the rear. If you stick with a 19 inch wheel you will be fine. Go with 20s and you may have to have the speedo and tach adjusted due to being an inch taller.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
20s will slow you down, as they are heavier. And you are correct about them causing a loss of traction. The tire sidewall will be smaller and stiffer, which will cause the tire to break loose easier. I would go with a staggered set of 19s like other have suggested. Stay away from 20s if you're looking for more performance.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 55
I went from brembo stock 19's down to forgestar f14 18x9, 18x10 255/285 great traction and like was said already these are the sizes that come on shelby and boss.
__________________
2012 5.0,6mt brembo, beefcake special paxton kit, lund tune, offroad x-pipe jpc ovex axle pipes, gt500 ab, jlt intake, d-spec, k-springs, strano adj sway bars, f14 forgestar.
bam2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
20s will slow you down, as they are heavier. And you are correct about them causing a loss of traction. The tire sidewall will be smaller and stiffer, which will cause the tire to break loose easier. I would go with a staggered set of 19s like other have suggested. Stay away from 20s if you're looking for more performance.
Thanks for confirming. That's what I thought

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post
Yes staggered looks so much better and they will hook better with a wider tire in the rear. If you stick with a 19 inch wheel you will be fine. Go with 20s and you may have to have the speedo and tach adjusted due to being an inch taller.
So you think if I stick with 19s I won't need a tune?

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam2012 View Post
I went from brembo stock 19's down to forgestar f14 18x9, 18x10 255/285 great traction and like was said already these are the sizes that come on shelby and boss.
Did you have to get a tune?
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
No you do not need a tune for 19s.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 55
I had a tuner before I got the wheels, but yes going from 255/40/19 to 285/40/18 the revs per mile was 763 stock and with new tires it is 769. It was about 5 mph off at 70.
__________________
2012 5.0,6mt brembo, beefcake special paxton kit, lund tune, offroad x-pipe jpc ovex axle pipes, gt500 ab, jlt intake, d-spec, k-springs, strano adj sway bars, f14 forgestar.
bam2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam2012 View Post
I had a tuner before I got the wheels, but yes going from 255/40/19 to 285/40/18 the revs per mile was 763 stock and with new tires it is 769. It was about 5 mph off at 70.
Yeah, if you have stock 19s with a 40/19 tire, and stick with the same tire height with a 40/18, your speedo will be a little off, but if you went with a 45/18 you shouldn't need one. Tire height will almost be identical. May be 2mph difference if that.
If your trying to avoid a tune, i would stick with 40/19s, or if you wanted to drop to 18s get a 45/18. Neither will require a tune.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 55
with a 285 rear I didn't want that much sidewall, 285/45/18 might look a little funny.
__________________
2012 5.0,6mt brembo, beefcake special paxton kit, lund tune, offroad x-pipe jpc ovex axle pipes, gt500 ab, jlt intake, d-spec, k-springs, strano adj sway bars, f14 forgestar.
bam2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam2012 View Post
with a 285 rear I didn't want that much sidewall, 285/45/18 might look a little funny.
And very hard to find. Id stick with 40/19 then. Or else like already mentioned, your speedo will be slightly off going from a 40/19 to a 40/18 without a tune. 5mph isnt bad though.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

And very hard to find. Id stick with 40/19 then. Or else like already mentioned, your speedo will be slightly off going from a 40/19 to a 40/18 without a tune. 5mph isnt bad though.
It's not the speedo I'm worried about. You guys are correct in saying I want to avoid a tune at all costs. Don't want to void my warranty.

But what I'm worried about is that I heard (rumors) that when you go staggered it causes a problem with the traction controls and your car gives you this wrench icon and bogs down.

Have you heard anything like that?
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

It's not the speedo I'm worried about. You guys are correct in saying I want to avoid a tune at all costs. Don't want to void my warranty.

But what I'm worried about is that I heard (rumors) that when you go staggered it causes a problem with the traction controls and your car gives you this wrench icon and bogs down.

Have you heard anything like that?
Nothing that i have heard off. I know some people were having problems with the advance trac but nothing in relation to tire/wheel sizes. Ive personally been running my staggered 19s since the car had 600 miles on it, with no problems. Im at almost 8k now. You may be thinking of the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) sensors that will set off a dash light. Just make sure you get new sensors (about $200) installed on your new rims, or buy a rebuild kit (about $40) and use your stockers. With the new sensors you will also receive a pairing tool to recalibrate them with the new tires. Very easy to do.
To me the biggest downside of a staggered setup is the fact that you cant rotate your tires, so you wont get quite as much life outta them.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #20
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
20s will slow you down, as they are heavier. And you are correct about them causing a loss of traction.
Tell that to Chris Cruz who runs a 9.70 with his heavy traction losing 20" wheels. Point is you can be fast.....even with a big wheel.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

Tell that to Chris Cruz who runs a 9.70 with his heavy traction losing 20" wheels. Point is you can be fast.....even with a big wheel.
Dont disagree, i never said you can't. But i bet he would be faster on 19s. Its extra weight and a smaller side wall no matter if its a 9 second car or a 17 sec car. Dont know what the argument is here. I wasn't saying that 19s are SO much better then 20s and you're going to see a huge difference , but if he is not willing to tune or void his warranty, then im willing to bet he wants every inch of performance he can get, even if its very marginal.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #22
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Wasnt being argumentative. Just making a statement. If you are gonna tell him that 20s will slow him down then you should probably advise him that if he's not gonna track his car then he's probably wasting his money on 315s.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Wasnt being argumentative. Just making a statement. If you are gonna tell him that 20s will slow him down then you should probably advise him that if he's not gonna track his car then he's probably wasting his money on 315s.
I agree with that too. He never said what he was using the car for though unfortunately . Just that he wanted better traction. My top recommendation like i said earlier would be a 285/40/19. Unless, like you said, if your tracking the car.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #24
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
I agree with that too. He never said what he was using the car for though unfortunately . Just that he wanted better traction. My top recommendation like i said earlier would be a 285/40/19. Unless, like you said, if your tracking the car.
Yeah,sounds like he wants some grip for the butt dyno. 285 or 295 would probably be just fine,IMO and they have that big meaty look too.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

Yeah,sounds like he wants some grip for the butt dyno. 285 or 295 would probably be just fine,IMO and they have that big meaty look too.
Yes sir.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Don't forget Chris Cruz's car has a built motor, 2.9 whipple making big boost, full exhaust, full suspension, and a shot of nitrous. Anything would be fast with that set-up.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Don't forget Chris Cruz's car has a built motor, 2.9 whipple making big boost, full exhaust, full suspension, and a shot of nitrous. Anything would be fast with that set-up.
Yeah no kidding. Just watched his videos. He runs at MIR in Buds Creek, Maryland. Thats where i go. One of the best tracks I've ever been too.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
kramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: keene
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
Hey guys,

So here is the deal, I have the 19 inch rims with the stock tires that also came with the car.

I want better traction. Do I
1) get 4 new rims and tires all the same size
2) go for 315s in the back and 265 in the front

Thanks
Appreciate any and all feedback
Go with the Boss setup but not the Pirelli's which are uber-expensive and no tread warrantee. I just put Michelin Pilot Super Sport's on mine, they are rated as high as the Pirelli's for 60% of the cost at Tire Rack. I'm hitting a road coarse Monday the 15th (lime Rock)...will report back...if you cam wait.
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
DeJoe8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Waterbury
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
Go with the Boss setup but not the Pirelli's which are uber-expensive and no tread warrantee. I just put Michelin Pilot Super Sport's on mine, they are rated as high as the Pirelli's for 60% of the cost at Tire Rack. I'm hitting a road coarse Monday the 15th (lime Rock)...will report back...if you cam wait.
I may have to take Monday off to come to Lime Rock, love that place, I live pretty close in CT and try to make it there a few times a year!
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
Registered User
Newbie
 
Fishtailing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 3
Anyone had any success/issues with putting gt500 rims and tires on their GT? I have a 2014 gt with the track pack
Fishtailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 55
gt500 wheels work.
__________________
2012 5.0,6mt brembo, beefcake special paxton kit, lund tune, offroad x-pipe jpc ovex axle pipes, gt500 ab, jlt intake, d-spec, k-springs, strano adj sway bars, f14 forgestar.
bam2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post

Go with the Boss setup but not the Pirelli's which are uber-expensive and no tread warrantee. I just put Michelin Pilot Super Sport's on mine, they are rated as high as the Pirelli's for 60% of the cost at Tire Rack. I'm hitting a road coarse Monday the 15th (lime Rock)...will report back...if you cam wait.
What is the boss set up?

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

I agree with that too. He never said what he was using the car for though unfortunately . Just that he wanted better traction. My top recommendation like i said earlier would be a 285/40/19. Unless, like you said, if your tracking the car.
Yeah guys I'm not tracking the car just wanted more traction. Thank you so much for the advice I'll prob go 295/40/19 in the read and 265 in the front
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
BUSHGUTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 280
I would stay same size for rotation purposes, but if you wanna buy tires every few months go staggered
BUSHGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post
I would stay same size for rotation purposes, but if you wanna buy tires every few months go staggered
Every few months? On my 05 I had 295s in the back and 265 in the front. Lasted me 60k miles. Are these new cars that bad in comparison????
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post
I would stay same size for rotation purposes, but if you wanna buy tires every few months go staggered
What are you talking about every few months??? How many miles do you drive a month?? I put 500+ miles on my car a week, and have had a staggered setup for 5 months and my tires look nearly brand new still. Just make sure your alignment is good OP, and your tires will wear just like they normally would. Like i said you will loose a FEW extra miles from not being able to rotate them, but thats it.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:00 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.