Buying new tires - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Buying new tires

So I'm buying new tires from AM in the next couple of days. I am buying the Charcoal AMR rims (20s). Wanted to know if there's something that I should prepare for or any tips on anything. I have heard that people are having problems with the sensor (Something about honking the horn?? Lol). Wanted to know what you guys know about that and if that's a common issue?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
So I'm buying new tires from AM in the next couple of days. I am buying the Charcoal AMR rims (20s). Wanted to know if there's something that I should prepare for or any tips on anything. I have heard that people are having problems with the sensor (Something about honking the horn?? Lol). Wanted to know what you guys know about that and if that's a common issue?
You need to have TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) sensors put on the new rims or else you will throw a dash light. You can have AM install them for you for an extra $200 i believe, this also comes with the training remote and how to video. Or you can have a tire shop remove them from your old wheels and install on the new ones. You will probably have to pay extra labor and buy a rebuild kit for them. I chose to buy new ones, since I will be using the stock rims/tires for winter.
Pairing them is extremely easy it shows you step by step on the video. Takes 60 seconds. But yes there will be a series of horn honks.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

You need to have TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) sensors put on the new rims or else you will throw a dash light. You can have AM install them for you for an extra $200 i believe, this also comes with the training remote and how to video. Or you can have a tire shop remove them from your old wheels and install on the new ones. You will probably have to pay extra labor and buy a rebuild kit for them. I chose to buy new ones, since I will be using the stock rims/tires for winter.
Pairing them is extremely easy it shows you step by step on the video. Takes 60 seconds. But yes there will be a series of horn honks.
Do u know where I can get a stock tpms rebuild kit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Call discount tire. I believe they sell them. Cant find a link directly to it, but whenever you order tires from them they add it to your cart at the end. Honestly if you are buying a package deal from AM, your better off just buying new ones. By the time you pay someone to take the tires off the rims, install your tpms sensors, and then remount and balance them, your probably going to be spending more then the $200 you would from AM. Plus then you have a pairing remote for the future.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 07-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Call discount tire. I believe they sell them. Cant find a link directly to it, but whenever you order tires from them they add it to your cart at the end. Honestly if you are buying a package deal from AM, your better off just buying new ones. By the time you pay someone to take the tires off the rims, install your tpms sensors, and then remount and balance them, your probably going to be spending more then the $200 you would from AM. Plus then you have a pairing remote for the future.
Yea makes sense getting them with AM! I'll check with discount tire just incase though thanks!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Yea makes sense getting them with AM! I'll check with discount tire just incase though thanks!
No problem. Definitely saves a headache.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No problem. Definitely saves a headache.
Yea that's true!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

This guy might be in the market for new tires too! Simone stole his while he was sleeping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3111054810.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	341.2 KB
ID:	118727  
Mustanglulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanglulu View Post
This guy might be in the market for new tires too! Simone stole his while he was sleeping
That would suck.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post

That would suck.
My gun would be loaded... And on a man hunt. People these days.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanglulu View Post
At least they put it on bricks!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Locking lugs sure come in handy lol
NDstang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDstang05 View Post
+1000
Old 07-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDstang05 View Post
So happy I paid the extra $$ for the security system
Mustanglulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I ordered them from AM with my wheel tire combo and something got messed up where it showed in stock but wasn't so they set me a set for free after. Gotta love it. Just gotta remember where I keep that damn lug key :p
NDstang05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires