New to Tires - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Alabama
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post

I disagree. I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know what they are looking for in the tire. Op says all around season tire. I have sumis and for a dd all season they are grey they are holding up way better than kumhos I had before they ride good too.
Kumhos blow lol. I agree with both of you to a certain degree. Sumis are not the best or the worst tires out there. They are relatively cheap, ride well, and you can get some good milage outta them. But for me, i couldn't get them to hook worth a damn. And yes, i had a lot of suspension work done to the cars i had them on.
That being said, for a little bit more, the MT street comp is a FAR superior tire. It has all the benefits of the sumis, plus they hook very well for a non street radial tire, and do well in wet weather.

I would also take the street comps over the 555s. The only tire i would probably pick over the street comps for a DD, in that relative price range, would be the nitto nt05. I wish they made the nt05s in something bigger then a 275/35/19. The next size up they make is a 335/30, which has to small of a sidewall for me.
Ive also heard good things about the invos, but ive personally never used them, since im not a big fan of the tread pattern.

2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Region: Missouri
Yes! They are cheap! Well 245s are lol. And for a dd bolt on 2v they hook good enough for me. But if you got power invest in good tires for sure cant go cheap there.

2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires