Mustang Evolution Forum banner

All red mustangs!

4K views 58 replies 16 participants last post by  MasonStacks 
#1 ·
If your mustang is red.

Could you put your picture up with your black wheels? And also state the info on it?

I have been looking over hundreds of black wheels for my car, and have never decided which is the best and made me feel comfortable. So I need fresh set of pictures to look at to get the gasp of what I really want. ___.

Don't bashhh me. I did look on tire rack, carid, etc.
I still don't know what will look good on a red stang

#8 ·
Yes sir.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

You guys have a such nice car with the wheels!

But it seems I'll be leaning on deep dish or offset by -few.

Would love to see more if guys out there is willing to share!

#12 ·
OK before I respond to your question: do you have a price max, what year model do you have, do you have Brembo's? Are you looking for gloss black, matte black, black chrome, does it matter? Do you have a preference on size 18/19/20? Width? 8.5/9/9.5/10/10.5? Staggered or matching? I have been looking myself the last couple of days.

#13 · (Edited)
I prefer to stay within 18 or 19 because of comfort / Peformance.
I like fat tires, so it can be up to 10.5. (Fatter on rear. Front little bit thinner. But height would need to stay same. Don't think tall on rear and short on front would look right.)
I like darker color, so matte black. Something that can handle hard rocks daily without peeling so much.
I have no modded brake system, so it would go on a stock brake.

2007 GT.
I prefer to stay under 2 grand. But if I find right one that I would love to have, then perhaps I will spend little bit more than expected.

#24 ·
Bruuuuuu bruuu bruuuuuuuu (<--air tool sounds)

Ok, here's what I've got.

Electronic device Technology Electronics Gadget Display device
I've got the front wheel weighing in at 55.4lbs.

Electronics Technology Audio equipment Electronic device Gadget
and the rear weighing in a 57.4lbs.
Now this is with tires, sorry I don't know what they weighed without but I do recall the packing slip on my tires saying they weighed 61lbs. for 1 front tire and 1 rear tire together. I guess you could figure tire weight being 30lbs. for the front and 31lbs. for the rear tire that would estimate
The front wheel around 25.4lbs. for the front and 27.4lbs. For the rear.

Now my question is, does anyone know what the stock "19 premium wheels weigh?

#25 ·
Bruuuuuu bruuu bruuuuuuuu (<--air tool sounds)

Ok, here's what I've got.

I've got the front wheel weighing in at 55.4lbs.

and the rear weighing in a 57.4lbs.
Now this is with tires, sorry I don't know what they weighed without but I do recall the packing slip on my tires saying they weighed 61lbs. for 1 front tire and 1 rear tire together. I guess you could figure tire weight being 30lbs. for the front and 31lbs. for the rear tire that would estimate
The front wheel around 25.4lbs. for the front and 27.4lbs. For the rear.

Now my question is, does anyone know what the stock "19 premium wheels weigh?
I'm shocked that you actually did that lol

#50 ·
Just remember when u stagger, the only rotation will be side to side. 9 front and 10 rear would look amazing tho.

#52 ·
I did 9x9 and 9x11 on the 97 cobra I had. They wore pretty even. This car on the other hand, while definitely staggered, and I'm sure urs is the same BoB, has a negative camber to help them grip. They will wear on the inside of the front tires before the outside ever considers being worn.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Mine is a 45 mm offset. If u search AM, they will give u the options for ur gt by year. U can see them in staggered and non staggered options. When u search like that, don't worry too much about offset as they will tell u what will fit.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Sleeper, are u stock height?

#53 ·
I did 9x9 and 9x11 on the 97 cobra I had. They wore pretty even. This car on the other hand, while definitely staggered, and I'm sure urs is the same BoB, has a negative camber to help them grip. They will wear on the inside of the front tires before the outside ever considers being worn.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Mine is a 45 mm offset. If u search AM, they will give u the options for ur gt by year. U can see them in staggered and non staggered options. When u search like that, don't worry too much about offset as they will tell u what will fit.
Mine are staggered from Ford, I'm not sure of the camber but it makes sense. Plus I have adjustable front shocks from the factory which may change my camber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.