Ok guys nees help!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ok guys nees help!!!

I have a 13 BBP and realized that although the rims are nice they are just not aggressive enough for me. To top it off I bought some Pirelli 285/35s and put them on the back. Looks good but... Wish I would have really thought it through cause i may have just thrown away a grand in those two tires. They are basically new. The 255s have about 1000 DD miles on them and the 285s have about 150 miles. Plus I have the original 255s from the back.

Anyway, here is my issue. I'm going between the AMR charcoal rims, AM GT500 style, and SVE drifts. The problem is I would like to keep my rubber and none of these models make a 9" rim for the front. It's either stretch the 255 over a 9.5" rim or have a tiny bulge over an 8.5" rim. I would also like to have the correct rim width as I may be doing a little AutoX.

Doing a drop here in the next few weeks. Since the setup is completely adjustable I can go from normal ride height to slammed. So that shouldn't be an issue.

Anyone have any ideas or recommendations? Can't seem to find a 9" rim that is affordable and looks good to me.
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I wouldn't stretch them maybe someone will help that knows handling. But I'd rather bulge it. 255 on 8.5 wheel isn't bad.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
I wouldn't stretch them maybe someone will help that knows handling. But I'd rather bulge it. 255 on 8.5 wheel isn't bad.
I would agree but.... When I put the 285 on the 10" rim it will be dead perfect. So my fronts will have a little bulge and my rears will not. Palm->Face
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. Well 285 on a 10" wheel is considered narrow. You could do a 305 and look perfect.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Yeah. Well 285 on a 10" wheel is considered narrow. You could do a 305 and look perfect.
Well that makes it worse then. I'm just gonna go hang myself.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I'm not sure what you want for auto x I know you don't want bulge but 305 wouldn't bulge. There's people that run 315 on 10" wheel and 345 on 10.5 with bulge.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I ran a 255 40 on a 9.5 avant garde wheel in the front, doesn't look too stretched and ran a 285/35 on the rear 9.5 and their wasn't much of a difference in the overall wheel height. I'm a fan of the SVE wheels to be honest and they have a 5 percent discount code somewhere.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I ran a 255 40 on a 9.5 avant garde wheel in the front, doesn't look too stretched and ran a 285/35 on the rear 9.5 and their wasn't much of a difference in the overall wheel height. I'm a fan of the SVE wheels to be honest and they have a 5 percent discount code somewhere.
Bingo!!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Well I'm going to run what I have until I can't stand it anymore then I'll pull the trigger. Ok, so SVE'a it is. Now, deciding whether or not to stick with 19'a or drop down to 18's so their not so expensive.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires