warranty help!!! :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
warranty help!!! :(

Hey folks, so I was getting a nail out from a tire at one of the local tire shops. Turns out there's a little crack on the outer wall (towards inside). The shop says they can't put it back on since its a liability issue and I have to get a new tire. 510 freaking bucks for one 19' pirelli :@

I tried calling the dealership to see tires carry some sort of warranty, but the service ppl won't be open till Monday. I was wondering if any of you know if it tires come with sort of warranty? I do have FMPP if that helps.

Much appreciated.
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Hey folks, so I was getting a nail out from a tire at one of the local tire shops. Turns out there's a little crack on the outer wall (towards inside). The shop says they can't put it back on since its a liability issue and I have to get a new tire. 510 freaking bucks for one 19' pirelli :@

I tried calling the dealership to see tires carry some sort of warranty, but the service ppl won't be open till Monday. I was wondering if any of you know if it tires come with sort of warranty? I do have FMPP if that helps.

Much appreciated.
It depends on what you had added to your warranty. Some come with warranty since don't, just depends on what was added at the dealership
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I just bought mine a week ago and it included wheel and tires for warranty for 5 years. They gave me the paperwork and everything if theres anything goes wrong to my wheels and tires they will replace it with new once.. Do u have a paperwork? It looks like a brochure basically..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I just bought mine a week ago and it included wheel and tires for warranty for 5 years. They gave me the paperwork and everything if theres anything goes wrong to my wheels and tires they will replace it with new once.. Do u have a paperwork? It looks like a brochure basically..
What he said ^ look at your paperwork
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
What he said ^ look at your paperwork
this is how it looks like..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3016973577.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	131592   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2439058298.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	131593  

Old 10-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Did you guys buy a separate tire and wheel protection package?

I only bought fmpp with mine like 5 months ago. So I'm not sure if it covers the tires as well? How about the standard warranty from ford? Does it covers tires?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you guys buy a separate tire and wheel protection package? I only bought fmpp with mine like 5 months ago. So I'm not sure if it covers the tires as well? How about the standard warranty from ford? Does it covers tires?
i think you need to get the warranty for tires separately.. I dont know if the bumper to bumper warranty for 36000 miles would coover it.. How many miles do u have in ur car?
Old 10-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I have like 7000 miles on it. I guess the bumper to bumper you have to buy separate. I'm from Canada and they call it extended warranty here. Fcuk I guess I'm screwed if tires are not covered
Old 10-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have like 7000 miles on it. I guess the bumper to bumper you have to buy separate. I'm from Canada and they call it extended warranty here. Fcuk I guess I'm screwed if tires are not covered
oh boy.... Call the dealership where u got the car and maybe they could help or maybe u missed something that u didnt know that u already have. Youll never know bro.. By the way ill be going there in canada next week in montreal. I have some extra wheels and tires laying around maybe youre interested.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I know bro, I called the dealership but they're closed till Monday (service and parts guys). Fingers crossed they can help! I have already ordered winter tires, they should be here anytime in about week week and a half or so. Thanks for asking though
Old 10-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know bro, I called the dealership but they're closed till Monday (service and parts guys). Fingers crossed they can help! I have already ordered winter tires, they should be here anytime in about week week and a half or so. Thanks for asking though
no problem goodluck keep us posted..
Old 10-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah for sure! Good luck with montreal trip, be safe!
Old 10-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Pirelli will only say the crack is normal.

I don't know if Pirelli ever changed their policy but when I had my 3000GT I had bought Pirelli's for it. By 3,000 miles I noticed a crack on the sidewall. I went to the dealer I purchased them from and they called Pirelli and was informed it will not be a problem and would not replace the tire, At a little over 5,000 when rotating my tires in my driveway I noticed another one had a small crack in a different place on the tire. I went to Tire Kingdom and ordered Michelin's after The guy there informed me that they had a lot of tire complaints about the Pirelli's.
I have stuck with Michelins when I buy tires. My Mustang came with Pirelli P-Zero Nero's and I tried to trade them to several dealers and pay a difference for Michelins's but every dealer I went to did not want the Pirelli's at all.

So far I have had no problems with these Pirelli's but I will replace them with Michelin's ( Probably sooner then later )

Rather then paying $510.00 for one Pirelli you should consider a whole set of any other brand for just a little more.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I was checking fords warranty guide and it says tires wont be replaced if there's a damage due to road conditions viz; cuts, bruises, potholes etc.

Fingers crossed the guy at the dealership is having a good day tomorrow and I can get a new replacement tire. Im going to get my winter tires purdy soon (blizzaks ws70), its an odd feeling not having my car on me..kinda miss it lol
Old 10-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

So turns out the tire also had lost a few chunks around the sidewall..possibly due to a damage from something on the road. The rim too was scratched up from the back. I'm utterly surprised how this would have happened! I never drove over anything on the road (except a squirrel lol), never curbed it..nothing!

Interestingly the outer side of the rim looks brand new :s

Aghh 500 bucks down the drain
Old 10-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Car Wash ?????

Have you ever run your car through a car wash?
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Have you ever run your car through a car wash?
Ronnie
+1 some of them will screw up your wheels/tires, on the sidewall of tire and lip of wheel
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
this is how it looks like..
I bought this extra coverage but I didn't get that brochure
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

+1 some of them will screw up your wheels/tires, on the sidewall of tire and lip of wheel
Oh crap! Yeah, twice or thrice since I got this car.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #20
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
good call....I think you may have nailed it.

pun intended

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Cody, I would try to get info/paperwork on that coverage. w/o insulting that is one of those dealer add ons that are expensive and not easy to collect on. w/o paperwork it'll be even harder to get coverage.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to the dealership today anyway, so I'll make sure they give me something. I know that the add-on is in the papers that I kept in my files, but they aren't papers that I can quickly access like a brochure or something I can keep in my glove box.

I'm glad I bought it though, I already have a screw in my tire. According to the coverage, any tire or rim (even aftermarket, though that will probably be harder to get them to follow through with) will be replaced when damaged.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyC View Post
I bought this extra coverage but I didn't get that brochure
call the dealer they will give you one, i actually have an extra one. But if theres anything goes wrong with ur wheels and tires they have it on the record anyway so not too worry..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires