Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Opinion on Michelin Tires

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  paintmann111 
#1 ·
I'm looking at getting Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 for my 2010 Mustang GT. I need an all season tire, this being my DD. Here in Wisconsin will run a grand. Opinions on options appreciated

#9 ·
The A/S are a great tire, I sold a lot of them when I worked for a tire center. They have great grip on wet and dry roads and hold corners extremely well. If you don't have staggered wheels I recommend rotating them every 5k. If you do that and keep the tire pressure in check you should get 45k-55k out of them easy. They great thing about michelin is they don't BS you on tread warranty. My exalto A/S are rated for 45k and I have 55k on them now with 4/32 of tread left. My only concern would be snow traction. To get great dry traction they have a limited number of sipes, which you want a ton of for winter driving. Compare them to a studless snow tire to see what I mean. The Conti DWS's have more siping which would give you better snow/slush traction, however the michelins will out perform them in wet/dry conditions.

DWS:Continental USA Car / Light Truck / SUV - ExtremeContact™ DWS

Michelin: Pilot Sport A/S Plus | Michelin Tires

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.