FRPP Track pack wheels? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
FRPP Track pack wheels?

Will the black track pack wheels fit on mustangs that have just the factory brakes, or do they only fit on mustangs that have the upgraded brakes?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Will the black track pack wheels fit on mustangs that have just the factory brakes, or do they only fit on mustangs that have the upgraded brakes?
Yes

But seriously, think about it for a second. Why do you think they wouldn't fit a car with small brakes?
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Yes But seriously, think about it for a second. Why do you think they wouldn't fit a car with small brakes?
I thought they would, I wasn't sure if there were any other differences between them that would cause them bit to fit.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I thought they would, I wasn't sure if there were any other differences between them that would cause them bit to fit.
Most concerns about fit is usually based on diameter and offset. I have the upgraded front brakes and because of their size, some smaller diameter rims with shall offsets may not fit. The brembo rims are made to fit these brakes, so they will fit models with smaller brakes as well. I actually really like these rims. I was going to ditch them, but I'm not sure now. The only downside is that a set of tires for these guys is 1200-1600$ lol
Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #5

Region: Hawaii
For me, the upside to the Track Pack rims is the design makes them fairly light, certainly good ventilation for the brake rotors, and I think the smoked color and the design are just right.

Downside is $505 replacement cost for something made in China? Also they seem to be powdercoated with something and they chip very easily if you bump a curb. However some autobody places are able to refinish them to like new. Not very easily done with 100% aluminum rims.
Clevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I would assume all rims chip if you curb them
Old 10-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #7

Region: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
I would assume all rims chip if you curb them
Yes, but on the Track Pack wheels, some autobody shops who specialize in wheels can refinish them. I do my own autobody work and do welding. The Track Pack wheels can possibly be sanded down and body filler applied, then do the usual sanding, putty coat, etc. Although I hear the paint is 3-color and a ***** to reproduce.

With Alu rims, you could TIG weld over the gouges, but you have to do a lot of metal refinishing (sanding and buffing) to get them to look like new.

I looked at the factory rims on a Shelby GT500 and it looks to be the same design as the Track Pack, e.g., it has a thick paint or composite coating. Not sure Ford didn't do this so the rims could be refinished easily? Maybe cheaper to produce?

BTW, I bumped a curb gently, and yup, got a small chip on my Track Pack wheels . If ya gotta park 2 ft from the curb, do it with these wheels.
Clevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevor View Post
Yes, but on the Track Pack wheels, some autobody shops who specialize in wheels can refinish them. I do my own autobody work and do welding. The Track Pack wheels can possibly be sanded down and body filler applied, then do the usual sanding, putty coat, etc. Although I hear the paint is 3-color and a ***** to reproduce. With Alu rims, you could TIG weld over the gouges, but you have to do a lot of metal refinishing (sanding and buffing) to get them to look like new. I looked at the factory rims on a Shelby GT500 and it looks to be the same design as the Track Pack, e.g., it has a thick paint or composite coating. Not sure Ford didn't do this so the rims could be refinished easily? Maybe cheaper to produce? BTW, I bumped a curb gently, and yup, got a small chip on my Track Pack wheels . If ya gotta park 2 ft from the curb, do it with these wheels.
Note: apply more caution near curbs.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Ive got my brembo rims with pzero tires for sale for 1,000 plus shipping. They have 240 miles on them and have zero scratches.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires