Thought I had it figured out - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Thought I had it figured out

Well I thought I finally had figured out what wheels and tires I want for the car and then I saw the Velgen vmb5 and said sh*t... I know it's my car so not looking for any "it's your car do want you want" reply's. Just lemme know your opinion! Thanks guys!
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Forgot the photos lol and for the record I would probably have the Velgen wheels powder coated black
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-967363501.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	135075   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-14429106.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	135076  

__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Well thanks for nothin!! Lol I ordered yesterday. Went with the 20x9/20x11 F14s. Should have them by Thursday.
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I don't understand the black wheel fad...look like glorified spares.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
I love that green with black on the 5.0's. Im going to try and get one next fall after im finished with my sc build
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Well thanks for nothin!! Lol I ordered yesterday. Went with the 20x9/20x11 F14s. Should have them by Thursday.
That's what happens when you post in the right section, instead of tech.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
That's what happens when you post in the right section, instead of tech.
Exactly! I actually posted in tech to start w for that reason! But was moved
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Exactly! I actually posted in tech to start w for that reason! But was moved
Yep, AM is the only ones that get by with it. Even they know it won't get read unless in tech.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Yep, AM is the only ones that get by with it. Even they know it won't get read unless in tech.
Yeah that annoys me too. If you posted this in the 10-14 section you'd have 854 comments on it already. When I got new wheels and posted here I think two people said anything lol
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Yeah that annoys me too. If you posted this in the 10-14 section you'd have 854 comments on it already. When I got new wheels and posted here I think two people said anything lol
Or you get a comment from someone that thinks all mustangs are the same.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Or you get a comment from someone that thinks all mustangs are the same.
That's so irritating when that happens to me in school. So your gonna say a 1st gen, the Mustang 2,fox body, sn95,and all refreshes of the s197 look the same, I may have missed a few. People are so ignorant.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
That's so irritating when that happens to me in school. So your gonna say a 1st gen, the Mustang 2,fox body, sn95,and all refreshes of the s197 look the same, I may have missed a few. People are so ignorant.
Were talking about wheels
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Or you get a comment from someone that thinks all mustangs are the same.
This doesn't mention wheels. Mentions the actual bodies of the mustang. And the posts before that were forum related
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
This doesn't mention wheels. Mentions the actual bodies of the mustang. And the posts before that were forum related
Dude, try reading this first line of this thread one more time!

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Where did I mention bodies?
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Dude, try reading this first line of this thread one more time! ---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ---------- Where did I mention bodies?
I know this is the wheels section, I was posting that because that seems like a body question

All mustangs are the same, that seems more like a body style statement
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
I give up, I'm starting to understand some of the ppl on your threads now.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Well I thought I finally had figured out what wheels and tires I want for the car and then I saw the Velgen vmb5 and said sh*t... I know it's my car so not looking for any "it's your car do want you want" reply's. Just lemme know your opinion! Thanks guys!
This is the op's original question
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:36 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I know this is the wheels section, I was posting that because that seems like a body question

All mustangs are the same, that seems more like a body style statement
Lol, no you're missing the point completely. There were a number of suspension and wheel/bolt pattern changes over the years. Some people on this forum like to give advice about years/body styles they have never owned with advice they learned from a completely different year model. It's like you going into the 99-04 forum and telling them they need to buy a boss manifold because your car can use one.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:43 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.