Tire and Wheel Fitment - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Tire and Wheel Fitment

I have a 2013 Gt that currently has 295/35/20's on the back with Nitto Invos that barely clear and sometimes rub on the fender since I'm lowered on Sport lines. So I know i cant go any wider in the back, and the Invos hook alright but not the best. Anyhow, does anyone recommend another tire for the back that would hook better and still be around the same price?

Also the front currently has 255/35/20's and it looks like its on skinny's up front because of how wide the back tires are. So how wide can i go on the front, I'm thinking maybe 275's? Would they have any issues turning?

All 4 wheels are 20x10.

Thanks in advance.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Merican5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brandon
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 111
I couldn't say about how wide to go but I can say a 255 is pretty skinny on a 10" wheel isn't it? Seems like it would be stretched.
__________________
2014 GT Track Pack Silver
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Merican5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merican5.0 View Post
I couldn't say about how wide to go but I can say a 255 is pretty skinny on a 10" wheel isn't it? Seems like it would be stretched.
He doesn't have a 10 inch rim up front.

Honestly I would change your springs, but if that's not an option I would do a 285-35 in the rear and keep the 255-35 up front. A 275 might give you issues like the rear did. As for tires...Hankook vents and continental extreme contact are good tires that are around the same price.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-06-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

He doesn't have a 10 inch rim up front.

Honestly I would change your springs, but if that's not an option I would do a 285-35 in the rear and keep the 255-35 up front. A 275 might give you issues like the rear did. As for tires...Hankook vents and continental extreme contact are good tires that are around the same price.
He said he has 10" wheels on all 4 corners. If 275s are rubbing in the rear, a 285 will definitely rub.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Michelin pilot super sports! Had mine a couple weeks and stepped up from a 275 invo to a 305 in the Michelin. Not even close how much more traction I have. They have a 300 UTQG but are way softer than the Invos(220/260UTQG). Not cheap but you get what you pay for! And they are a really good looking tire
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2526190695.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	564.0 KB
ID:	139960   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-820803639.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	464.5 KB
ID:	139961  

__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
He said he has 10" wheels on all 4 corners. If 275s are rubbing in the rear, a 285 will definitely rub.
He said he has 295s not 275s.
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
He said he has 295s not 275s.
Read his thread again. 295 is giving him issues.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Read his thread again. 295 is giving him issues.
lol you read it again.. The guy I quoted said that if he has 275s then 285s will rub. He doesn't have 275s though. He has 295s in the rear that are rubbing. Not 275s
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
lol you read it again.. The guy I quoted said that if he has 275s then 285s will rub. He doesn't have 275s though. He has 295s in the rear that are rubbing. Not 275s
I quoted the wrong person. I know he has 295 that is rubbing, that's why I said read it again, but it was directed to the person you quoted. I just accidentally quoted you.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I quoted the wrong person. I know he has 295 that is rubbing, that's why I said read it again, but it was directed to the person you quoted. I just accidentally quoted you.
got ya lol
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
I have a 2013 Gt that currently has 295/35/20's on the back with Nitto Invos that barely clear and sometimes rub on the fender since I'm lowered on Sport lines. So I know i cant go any wider in the back, and the Invos hook alright but not the best. Anyhow, does anyone recommend another tire for the back that would hook better and still be around the same price?

Also the front currently has 255/35/20's and it looks like its on skinny's up front because of how wide the back tires are. So how wide can i go on the front, I'm thinking maybe 275's? Would they have any issues turning?

All 4 wheels are 20x10.

Thanks in advance.
Please take a minute to browse the forum before you start a new thread. We have a Wheel and tire section.......moved.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Please take a minute to browse the forum before you start a new thread. We have a Wheel and tire section.......moved.
+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
JMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 262
Edit nvm just found it out...
__________________
2012 Mustang V6 Performance White 6AT- Airaid CAI, Borla ATAKS, and Bama 93H Tune

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389992005.203693.jpg
Views:	1430
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	144921

Ended up going with these
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Looks damn good!
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
cmegnin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Providence
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 151
Looks awesome!
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:47 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.