Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Tire and Wheel Fitment

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  cmegnin1 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 Gt that currently has 295/35/20's on the back with Nitto Invos that barely clear and sometimes rub on the fender since I'm lowered on Sport lines. So I know i cant go any wider in the back, and the Invos hook alright but not the best. Anyhow, does anyone recommend another tire for the back that would hook better and still be around the same price?

Also the front currently has 255/35/20's and it looks like its on skinny's up front because of how wide the back tires are. So how wide can i go on the front, I'm thinking maybe 275's? Would they have any issues turning?

All 4 wheels are 20x10.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I couldn't say about how wide to go but I can say a 255 is pretty skinny on a 10" wheel isn't it? Seems like it would be stretched.

#3 ·
He doesn't have a 10 inch rim up front.

Honestly I would change your springs, but if that's not an option I would do a 285-35 in the rear and keep the 255-35 up front. A 275 might give you issues like the rear did. As for tires...Hankook vents and continental extreme contact are good tires that are around the same price.

#5 ·
Michelin pilot super sports! Had mine a couple weeks and stepped up from a 275 invo to a 305 in the Michelin. Not even close how much more traction I have. They have a 300 UTQG but are way softer than the Invos(220/260UTQG). Not cheap but you get what you pay for! And they are a really good looking tire

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.