New wheel tire combo and lowered - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
New wheel tire combo and lowered

Put new wheels and tires on the car, weather has been terrible since so I haven't really been able to clean her up real good to get good pictures. Also did a inch and a half drop on the springs. After adding the Lethal Performance H pipe and losing the heavy stock pipe and the new tires it looked like a 4X4. Much happier with the stance now. To bad the weather is even worse now and she is parked.

Wheels are RTR's, sitting on Pirelli tires. Added a adjustable Pan-hard bar with the new springs. Feels like a totally different car now.

sarge450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Looks great is yours a auto or a stick
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
Looks great is yours a auto or a stick
Thanks and its a Stick. Only way I would have it, I enjoy going through the gears to much. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge450 View Post
Thanks and its a Stick. Only way I would have it, I enjoy going through the gears to much. lol
have you put a short shifter on it yet? If not you should it totally changes how the car drives. I put a Barton on mine.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
What spoiler is that?
CandyRed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
have you put a short shifter on it yet? If not you should it totally changes how the car drives. I put a Barton on mine.
How hard was the Barton to install? I don't access to a lift and I had heard you needed one to install it. That is the only reason I have not gotten one yet.

CandyRed11
The spoiler is 3D Carbon's GT500 replica
Old 12-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't use a lift just a jack and jack stands. I also have the same gt500 wing lol
Old 12-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I didn't use a lift just a jack and jack stands. I also have the same gt500 wing lol

Ok great, that will probably be my next mod. Thanks

I wanted a Roush spoiler but after adding up the cost of the spoiler and having it painted, I went with the pre-painted one.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok great, that will probably be my next mod. Thanks I wanted a Roush spoiler but after adding up the cost of the spoiler and having it painted, I went with the pre-painted one.
i almost went with the rtr but I got my gt500 for a killer deal pre painted and ready to install.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
That looks great! What brand springs did you go with?
I've been thinking about the SR ones on AM to use on my stock dampers for now until I can afford to get some coilovers.
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Looks great!
grabberbluedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
How do you like your H-pipe? is it offroad or is it catted? Any sound or noticable performance gains?
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10 View Post
That looks great! What brand springs did you go with?
I've been thinking about the SR ones on AM to use on my stock dampers for now until I can afford to get some coilovers.
Went with the SR springs, AM was running a deal I couldn't pass up on Cyber Monday. lol

I am extremely happy with them so far.

I also did add the adjustable Pan-hard bar and somehow had a bad strut on the front at 28k miles. So they replaced the struts to.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabberbluedrew View Post
Looks great!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Impact View Post
How do you like your H-pipe? is it offroad or is it catted? Any sound or noticable performance gains?

It is a off road H pipe or was. I installed it one evening at home, started it up and hated it. Sounded great at ideal but had no back pressure. As soon as you revved it up it started cracking and popping.

Took it to the local muffler shop to have resonators installed per a suggestion I got from here. Well they went out on there own after I walked back to work and installed high flow Cats. Still sounded like crap.

They called me back over and I looked at it, they where suggesting I take by Bassani axle backs off and put my stock mufflers back on. I ask them to install the resonators like I had originally asked. They did and it sounded pretty good then, after a few heat cycles it sounded better.

Now I like it, has a nice deep sound to it with very little to no cracking and popping.

But I ended up with high flow cats and resonators. Which I got the cats at half price because I thru a fit because I didn't want them on there. I was happy with the sound with them was the only reason I agreed to pay anything on them.

There was a noticeable seat of the pants performance gain, not gonna say its night and day difference. But there was a difference.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

Went with the SR springs, AM was running a deal I couldn't pass up on Cyber Monday. lol

I also did add the adjustable Pan-hard bar and somehow had a bad strut on the front at 28k miles. So they replaced the struts to.
Cool they still have a nice price on those springs...
Did you end up needing the panhard bar adjusted? How about camber in the front?
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Put new wheels and tires on the car, weather has been terrible since so I haven't really been able to clean her up real good to get good pictures. Also did a inch and a half drop on the springs. After adding the Lethal Performance H pipe and losing the heavy stock pipe and the new tires it looked like a 4X4. Much happier with the stance now. To bad the weather is even worse now and she is parked. Wheels are RTR's, sitting on Pirelli tires. Added a adjustable Pan-hard bar with the new springs. Feels like a totally different car now.
What size tires?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10 View Post
Cool they still have a nice price on those springs...
Did you end up needing the panhard bar adjusted? How about camber in the front?
They adjusted it but I am not sure how much. Don't think it had any camber issues but not sure on that either. They did a alignment after it was all installed and it drives like new. I had a local shop install it all, sorry I am not much help on the questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post
What size tires?
Tires are Pirelli P-Zero Nero All Season 275/40-19

they handle a lot better in the rain than the summer only tires, and seem to still grip pretty good.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
Put new wheels and tires on the car, weather has been terrible since so I haven't really been able to clean her up real good to get good pictures. Also did a inch and a half drop on the springs. After adding the Lethal Performance H pipe and losing the heavy stock pipe and the new tires it looked like a 4X4. Much happier with the stance now. To bad the weather is even worse now and she is parked.

Wheels are RTR's, sitting on Pirelli tires. Added a adjustable Pan-hard bar with the new springs. Feels like a totally different car now.

looking good
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

if you're going to get a short shifter get an MGW. best short shifter you can buy! I love mine and it's impossible to miss a gear. install is really easy and takes maybe 30 minutes.
Luke02GTmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke02GTmustang View Post
if you're going to get a short shifter get an MGW. best short shifter you can buy! I love mine and it's impossible to miss a gear. install is really easy and takes maybe 30 minutes.

Yeah I will check them out as well, thanks. I sat in a Boss at Mustang Week that either had a Barton or a MGW installed. It was amazingly smooth, but I can't remember which shifter it was. I loved the shifter, but had kind of put it out of my mind because I figured the install would have to be done by someone else.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I will check them out as well, thanks. I sat in a Boss at Mustang Week that either had a Barton or a MGW installed. It was amazingly smooth, but I can't remember which shifter it was. I loved the shifter, but had kind of put it out of my mind because I figured the install would have to be done by someone else.
you can't go wrong with MGW or Barton.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
na man, install was cake!
Luke02GTmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Looks great!
WHT_PNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #24

Quote:

Did you buy the upgraded strut mounts to go with the springs? I got the same deal on cyber Monday but didn't buy the strut mounts and am kind of nervous about installing them now.
StewartL1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't get them either, from the way I understood it unless you drop more than a inch and half you really don't run into that many issues.

It lined back up with no problems, gonna run it for a while and see what happens. If I start to see issues I will add them later.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I didn't get them either, from the way I understood it unless you drop more than a inch and half you really don't run into that many issues.

It lined back up with no problems, gonna run it for a while and see what happens. If I start to see issues I will add them later.

I did the same thing. I only installed the spring also a panhard bar. I've had my springs on for almost a year and have had no problems.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires