Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Best wheels for my Mineral Grey GT

7K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  CrimsonTsuki 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, was looking at getting a new set of tires for my stang. Still have the stock tires on them and though it was about time to upgrade them in the midst of the other stuff im doing to it. Im unsure of which ones would look best, so I want your opinions on what wheels to go with to give it the best look. Trying to go for a more aggressive look without it looking like a ricer.

Thanks!

Edit: Currently looking at 275/40/18s for the rear and 255/45/18s for the front

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Yeah, it would go well with the other stuff I have on it. I have the vents on the top of the hood painted black, but I think it would look a bit cheesy..

I think satin/machined faced/chrome would be cool on that color.
Personally I'd go satin or color matched though.
Maybe some charcoal colored wheels?
Hmm I havent seen satin finished wheels? Ive seen some machined ones and that is actually what im starting to lean towards since it has a nice mix and looks solid.

These would be fab.
Hahahaha, thats great.

Do you guys think I should stay staggered, or would you recommend same all four corners? Someone was also recommending to me 315s on 18s in the back, but I think that would be over kill and would kill performance..

#10 ·
Ride doesn't change much but they are not as responsive or quick as an 18 especially if you don't have a lot of bolt in power. My buddy is selling that set with nitto Invos for 1000 here local so if you want them just add shipping. I'll let him know if you want. The tires are 295/35/20 rear and they have 400 miles on them before he put the car up.

#12 ·
Thanks for the offer man, but I think ill pass on the 20"s.. I hate the gap and they would look pretty sweet but I cant stand any loss in performance for the sake of looks.

I got 18x10s with 18/275/40 and have a huge gap but going to lower it with SR springs hopefully it will take care of the gap
Yeah, im doing the same thing, in fact, the springs are already on their way! I hate that gap as well. I think 18"s will do me well. Ive got some other stuff coming as well for the handling and also a nice tuner!

And I think ive narrowing it down to either machined face wheel, or something that has a high contrast of black and white. I dont like black because it doesnt make the wheel stand out, just looks like a black blob (sorry, just my honest opinion! And pure chrome is too flashy.

#18 ·

/thread

#21 ·
I havent gotten anything yet, so no pics as of now. Im thinking of getting some in a couple months but wanted to know what to save up for. Right now im thinking some Machine faced 2010 GT500s with a 9/10 stagger on some Nitto Invos. Probably going with 18" since that is what the GT500s come in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.