New SR Springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to brandonveiga Send a message via Skype™ to brandonveiga
New SR Springs

Didn't see a "suspension" category so sorry if post in wrong section.

I received new SR springs from AM for Christmas!
Should be a 1.5" drop, just want to know if there is anything i should keep in mind or be aware of before doing the install this spring.

The coating was chipped in a few places but after seeing pictures from other people's delivery of this item from AM, it seems they are all that way. Very poor shipping, which is unusual of American Muscle, they've always been good in all my previous orders. There was no Styrofoam or anything keeping them in place and the box was badly damaged so I assume they were tossed around quite a bit during shipping. My only concern is if the coating comes off, will the springs rust?

Thanks for the input!

As Jeremy Clarkson would say: POWEEERRRRR
brandonveiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonveiga View Post
Didn't see a "suspension" category so sorry if post in wrong section.

I received new SR springs from AM for Christmas!
Should be a 1.5" drop, just want to know if there is anything i should keep in mind or be aware of before doing the install this spring.

The coating was chipped in a few places but after seeing pictures from other people's delivery of this item from AM, it seems they are all that way. Very poor shipping, which is unusual of American Muscle, they've always been good in all my previous orders. There was no Styrofoam or anything keeping them in place and the box was badly damaged so I assume they were tossed around quite a bit during shipping. My only concern is if the coating comes off, will the springs rust?

Thanks for the input!
brandonveiga,

Merry Christmas, it looks like you made out well this year!

I'm sorry to hear about the shipping of the springs though. It sounds like SR could use some more protective isolation in the packages, especially during the crazy holiday season (especially for UPS). If you're displeased with the nicks in the paint, I'd be happy to setup an exchange for a new set of springs. However, I honestly don't feel it's going to cause you any issues down the road. At the most, you'll have slight surface rust in those spots, but won't affect the springs performance.

Installation of these springs isn't too bad actually. We even have a full install guide available on our AM site. It walks you through each step and has plenty of pictures to simply things. Now as far as supporting mods, what else have you picked up?

With any 1.0"+ lowering springs, you're going to need an adjustable panhard bar. The factory panhard bars are non-adjustable and tend to kick the rear housing out to the driver side, once the factory ride height is reduced. The only way to recenter the rear axle under the car is with an adj panhard bar.

I do see your Mustang is a 2011, which is good. Most 11+ Mustangs using the SR lowering springs have plenty of factory chamber to not need adj caster/camber plates or camber bolts. However, you will still need an alignment after the SR springs are installed.

Hope this info helps you out. Let me know if you want to setup the exchange for the springs too!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to brandonveiga Send a message via Skype™ to brandonveiga
Hi Shane,
Thanks for the quick reply. As long as it won't give me any major issues down the road, i'm not really concerned about the powdercoat chipping. As for the panhard bar, i'm not familiar with what that is, but i'm not too savvy on suspensions. I'll follow up and check out the install guide. Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
If you get to worried about the coating being chipping. Most auto part stores sale a rubber coating for stuff that flex (such as springs) that would stop all rusting. Never tried it so can't say how good it is. Just seen it at stores.
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Merican5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonveiga View Post
Hi Shane,
Thanks for the quick reply. As long as it won't give me any major issues down the road, i'm not really concerned about the powdercoat chipping. As for the panhard bar, i'm not familiar with what that is, but i'm not too savvy on suspensions. I'll follow up and check out the install guide. Thanks again!
Whoops! I meant to hyperlink the text to the install guide. Must have slipped my mind. Anyways, you can check out the install guide here for the SR Performance lowering springs.

Yes, the panhard bar is very necessary as I mentioned above. If you have any other questions about it or any other components, I'd be happy to answer them!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Follow-Up Question:
Is a Panhard brace required when upgrading the Panhard Bar ?
Specifically, i'm looking at the SR double-adjustable
SR Performance Mustang Adjustable Panhard Bar (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires