Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Psi level

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  SpeedyG 
#1 ·
I'm running 18 staggered saleens 9s 255/40/18 front and 10s 295/35/18 rear. What's a good psi level to put them at for a dd. Nitto invo's on 2000 vert

#5 ·
The tire will tell you, if you read. I got a set of 245/40/18s and I always follow recommended tire pressure so the tire will go the distance.

#7 ·
35 psi is a good pressure to run them at. 45 is way too high.

#9 ·
Well when using an off sized tire from what the manufacturer recommends it can change but general rule is 30-35 psi in a car tire. Truck tires are usually much higher.

#11 ·
45 is too high. I usually keep my tires between 32-36ish psi. In fact, 45 is above the maximum recommended psi on most tires.

#12 ·
And you'll get a nice bald stripe right down the center of the tire. Just like if you underinflate them the edges get worn. This is why you throw out half the reviews on tirerack automatically when people are complaining about how their tires wore out at 20k miles because the edges are bald.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.