RTR's, or Staggered rims and tires? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
RTR's, or Staggered rims and tires?

I'm having a hard time deciding between the 275 charcoal RTR's, or a staggered charcoal or black 245/275 (either Boss LS, 2013 GT500, or AMR's) tire setup. Both would be all season tires.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Bump
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Would you like me to decide for you?

Go staggered, looks awesome.
And on your selection, they all look like the same damn wheel aside from the LS wheel...so since you like 3 wheels that look the same, throw out the LS wheel and pick the cheapest of the remaining ones.

Done.

You are welcome.
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

How quickly would staggered wear out? Since the only "rotation" would be swapping sides.

Also, for staggered, it would be the LS,2013 GT500, or AMR's, RTR doesn't have a staggered option.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Amr option would be the cheapest, might as well get them. Frequency of replacment would be entirely on you and how you drive as well as suspension set up. I drive like an a$$hole who hates his car and am constantly on the gas so I go through tires quickly...on my second set in 11 months.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I usually punch it from a stop, but otherwise am a mainly conservative driver, so my tires haven't worn much with the standard setup.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Staggered then, man. Easy call.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarq View Post
Staggered then, man. Easy call.

That's what I was leaning towards... Now I just have to decide if I want charcoal/matte, or black appearance mods. What's the difference, the pics I've seen don't show much difference in striping or badges, obviously I'm going to match the rim color with the future appearance mods.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking in regards to pics of striping and badging...

Matte black imo is getting to be a little overdone but still looks nice and aggressive...
shiny black however always looks classy when clean.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarq View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking in regards to pics of striping and badging...

Matte black imo is getting to be a little overdone but still looks nice and aggressive...
shiny black however always looks classy when clean.

Just a comparison pic of the 2
Old 01-17-2014, 12:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If its a daily driver then staggered might be a good option. I got my wheels from AMR. Can't beat the price. Also depends on if you will use the car for any kind of auto-x events and if you want the ability to rotate then use the same size on all 4 but staggered looks awesome
1ststang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires