Brembo rims - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Brembo rims

I have the opportunity to purchase some wheel take-offs of from a 2014 Brembo package GT. I don't have the Brembo brakes on my car so will these rims/tires look good on my car? I have the standard GT wheel now and my thought is that the rotors and calipers might look too small through the more open wheel. Can somebody post pics of the Brembo rim on a standard GT? Or should I just look for aftermarket wheels? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like I found a pic just below my post. These rims look good, but there is a lot of space between the wheel opening and the tire. Hmmmmm

Old 03-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmoyer View Post
I have the opportunity to purchase some wheel take-offs of from a 2014 Brembo package GT. I don't have the Brembo brakes on my car so will these rims/tires look good on my car? I have the standard GT wheel now and my thought is that the rotors and calipers might look too small through the more open wheel. Can somebody post pics of the Brembo rim on a standard GT? Or should I just look for aftermarket wheels? Thanks

Here is a pic of my non-Brembo GT with Brembo wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140228_174159.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	152073  
Jago1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I found a picture of your car and posted a link to it in response to my original post, but because I'm new, moderators needed to review the link before allowing the post. I guess they haven't reviewed it yet. Do the rotors appear small with this setup? I'm thinking of painting the calipers also. Thanks for the pic.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmoyer View Post
I found a picture of your car and posted a link to it in response to my original post, but because I'm new, moderators needed to review the link before allowing the post. I guess they haven't reviewed it yet. Do the rotors appear small with this setup? I'm thinking of painting the calipers also. Thanks for the pic.

To me the rotors do not appear too small, the only thing I don't like is the color of the calipers. You mentioned that you were going to paint them anyways, so you should be fine. I'm thinking of painting mine also, I just haven't decided what color yet. Good luck with the purchase, I'm sure you're going to love the Brembo wheels.
Jago1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I absolutley love the Brembo wheels. Honestly if I ever do the Vintage Venom upgrade that allows me to use the GT500 brakes and S197 wheels on my 98 I will give a long hard look at these rims. Not sure why they aren't more popular. They are not nearly as played out as the AMR style rims I'm seeing on EVERY DAMN CAR that comes out these days.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires