Am I low-balling myself? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Arrow Am I low-balling myself?

Hi folks,

I have had my OE 17" silver alloy wheels and OE 215/65R17 Michelin Energy Savers off of my 2014 V6 Base on Craigslist for a few days now and I have received far more inquiries than I expected, so I wanted to ask if you all thought I may be not asking enough for them.

The wheels and tires have less than 1,000 miles on them with no blemishes, damage, or even a scratch for that matter and the tires' treads are all new. I am asking $300 for all 4 wheels, $300 for all 4 tires or $500 for both wheels and tires with the all of the factory lug nuts included. The only items removed were the TPMS sensors that I installed on my new wheels.

I understand that an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for them, but I wanted to see if anyone has had success selling a similar setup and what they were able to let them go for. Thanks in advance!
Eibach Pro Kit, Dual Flowmaster 40 Series Axle Backs, 18" Milanni ZS-1s, 245/45R18 Falken ZE-950 Tires, Smoked Front Marker Lenses, Limo Tint, Pioneer Double Din, Alpine & Kenwood Speakers, 12" Kicker CVRs, Alpine Amps, AM Paint Matched Side View Mirror Caps, LED bulb conversions everywhere , more to come... need to sell OE wheels/tires and suspension first.
SLCKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I would try at least 750/800. Never post what you actually want because people will try and talk you down.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I think you can get them from Rousch for $600 delivered including the TPMS. Also if they are seperated already a buyer will need to mount balance I admit to being cheap but I wouldn't go over $500. Remember inquires are alot differant than buyers.
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Craigslist is always going to negitiate but keeping that in mind the final price isntbad for what you have. Just be prepared to be haggled lol. I have my 19" Brembo pkg wheels with tires on there now for $800 OBO and no one biting
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Thanks for the advice guys. The tires are currently mounted and balanced on the wheels, ready to go. I was going to have to dismount them again if they sold separately. I never post what price I'll actually take on Craigslist because it's rare that I have ever had someone actually buy something from me at full price without trying to squeeze a little discount out of me, which is what I have always expected.

The reason why I asked is because I have had about 8-10 people a day e-mail me, most of them saying that they have the cash in hand and they'll come pick them up right now. I've honestly never had that kind of buzz on Craigslist before and I have sold other car parts for very good deals as well where people would buy a part from me the same day that I posted it on there.

I looked on Roush's site, but couldn't find them on there. If they are selling them for $600 for the set of wheels and tires with TPMS included, than I feel good about getting $500 for the wheels and tires without the TPMS sensors then. Thanks again to everyone for their advice and good luck selling your 19s NaplesStang.
Eibach Pro Kit, Dual Flowmaster 40 Series Axle Backs, 18" Milanni ZS-1s, 245/45R18 Falken ZE-950 Tires, Smoked Front Marker Lenses, Limo Tint, Pioneer Double Din, Alpine & Kenwood Speakers, 12" Kicker CVRs, Alpine Amps, AM Paint Matched Side View Mirror Caps, LED bulb conversions everywhere , more to come... need to sell OE wheels/tires and suspension first.
SLCKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Not for sure where your located but GT wheels and tires go for around 600-700 here tops.
AnconaGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires