Bullit rims for Brembo cars? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Bullit rims for Brembo cars?

Looking for some input.

I'd like the black w/ machined lip, deep dish, bullit style rim in an 18x9 configuration, but I cannot seem to find a set on AM that will fit on a brembo car....specifically, I want this: Black Deep Dish Bullitt Mustang Mustang Wheel & NITTO INVO Tire Kit - 18x9 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

I can live with the nittos, would really prefer the MT street comp IIs if I had a choice.

My issue is that none of the bullit styles listed say that they'll fit a brembo car I'm not opposed to running spacers if I have no better options.

So my questions are these: does anyone know of any other vendor that'll sell 18x9 bullit style rims that'll fit a brembo car? If I do go with the ones on AM, what size spacers would I need to clear the calipers?
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
Looking for some input.

I'd like the black w/ machined lip, deep dish, bullit style rim in an 18x9 configuration, but I cannot seem to find a set on AM that will fit on a brembo car....specifically, I want this: Black Deep Dish Bullitt Mustang Mustang Wheel & NITTO INVO Tire Kit - 18x9 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

I can live with the nittos, would really prefer the MT street comp IIs if I had a choice.

My issue is that none of the bullit styles listed say that they'll fit a brembo car I'm not opposed to running spacers if I have no better options.

So my questions are these: does anyone know of any other vendor that'll sell 18x9 bullit style rims that'll fit a brembo car? If I do go with the ones on AM, what size spacers would I need to clear the calipers?
Rynarok,

That's a really good question and we do not carry any Bullitt's that are going to clear the Brembo's-We do have a variety of Mustang Wheels that can be used but due to the back spacing it's going to create a clearance issue. Regarding using wheel spacers I've seen some people on forums using a variety of setups along with extended studs but it's not something I would recommend doing as we can't get a definitive answer.

Let me know if you're to have any questions and I'm here to help any way I can

-Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
If AM wants to ship the rims plus a few different size spacers, I'll be willing to test em out for you! I can't imagine that they would need more than about 1/4" more backspacing to clear brembos over the base brake calipers.

I've heard some bad things about spacers over time. I wonder if the same sentiments hold true - that they can screw with wheel balance and create vibration, or that they screw up the alignment...or even shear off if you put enough power through them (which is a concern, my end goal is 600+ through the back wheels after the vortech)
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires