Firehawk wide oval indy 500 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Firehawk wide oval indy 500

Anyone run these tires or have any knowledge of them? The guy at the shop swears by them it seems, just not sure if he is promoting them or they are a good tire. Told me they are great on dry or wet roads and that they will hook so good. So came on here to see if anyone else is running them.
He gave me a pamphlet about the tires, the picture on the front is a mustang hahaha hope that's not why he recommended them.

also other options he has are
Nitto Movito
Nitto Invo
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
Anyone run these tires or have any knowledge of them? The guy at the shop swears by them it seems, just not sure if he is promoting them or they are a good tire. Told me they are great on dry or wet roads and that they will hook so good. So came on here to see if anyone else is running them.
He gave me a pamphlet about the tires, the picture on the front is a mustang hahaha hope that's not why he recommended them.

also other options he has are
Nitto Movito
Nitto Invo

I did a lot of reading of reviews about them on TireRack.com. Surprisingly, the reviews weren't as good as I expected. I was looking to replace the tires on my '95 T/A. I finally got the BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2. I haven't put many miles on them and have only driven them in dry weather, but the really seem to hook. I used to easily bark the tires during the automatic 1-2 shift without even trying, not so much anymore. It just grabs and goes. They are supposed to be excellent in the wet also. They are Ultra High Performance Summer tires, so if you plan to run them year round in cold weather climate, look elsewhere.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

anyone?
Old 07-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
anyone?

The link you have doesn't have any reviews that I can find. Go out to Tirerack.com, look the tire up and read the reviews out there. There are plenty. You can also read how they rate on all different aspects based on user review, and see where they rank within the same category of tires. You will find that the tires I mentioned earlier and purchased rank #1, higher than the Firestones.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have read reviews of them and they seem like an overall good tire. I was more less looking to hear from members who have experienced them first hand on there mustang. I agree the bfg sc2 are great tires and I have read that they run wide rather then true to size. I checked the sizes of the firehawks vs the bfgs and they both seem to run wide ( bonus ).
We have a firestone dealer next to my work and that's where I learned about the firehawks as a good option and I would be getting a fairly good deal on them so just looking to see if this is a popular tire that will hook and be great all around or if its something people wouldn't even consider for there muscle car. Maybe there used more for imports or maybe for high end sports cars or mini vans lol Just would hate to take the dealers word. They look like good tires, reviews are good but I never really hear anyone talk about firestones
And maybe that could be partially due to people thinking if something isn't on American muscle, LMR ,steeda ect. That it isn't quality
Old 07-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have read reviews of them and they seem like an overall good tire. I was more less looking to hear from members who have experienced them first hand on there mustang. I agree the bfg sc2 are great tires and I have read that they run wide rather then true to size. I checked the sizes of the firehawks vs the bfgs and they both seem to run wide ( bonus ).
We have a firestone dealer next to my work and that's where I learned about the firehawks as a good option and I would be getting a fairly good deal on them so just looking to see if this is a popular tire that will hook and be great all around or if its something people wouldn't even consider for there muscle car. Maybe there used more for imports or maybe for high end sports cars or mini vans lol Just would hate to take the dealers word. They look like good tires, reviews are good but I never really hear anyone talk about firestones
And maybe that could be partially due to people thinking if something isn't on American muscle, LMR ,steeda ect. That it isn't quality

I really did consider them first and almost bought them, but changed my mind to the BFGs. I will say, my first impression was that the center tread looked kind of busy, but that's me being anal. I would have gotten used to it if I would have bought them.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I know what you mean, looks like flames or some bull ***** but I think I like it the more I look at it. Just there largest size for 18's is a 275 and for a performance street tire that seems some what thin. I would think they would have wider options that's what made me question are they rite for a mustang
Old 07-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Well I guess none of you knew about this tire but I can say from experience these past few days that it is nothing less then amazing. Rain or dry it gives tons of traction. Makes me want a second set for the other car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10525824_427130450762865_3518561133105779841_n.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	160905  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires