Websites for wheel packages - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Asia
Websites for wheel packages

Just wondering what other websites everyone uses other then AM for their rims and tires? I'm looking to upgrade my stock wheels to 19" or 20". Also looking for any suggestions on what colors would look best with vista blue and white racing stripes?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Eyeguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Tire Rack or discount tire direct for tires
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #3
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
EBay?
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
What year? Colors are subjective to personal tastes. Ebay has combos, LRS, there are others if you google. Or just order the rims off AM and get a better set of tires than they offer on AM for cheaper and have a local shop mount/balance them. This is what I did and I saved $200 off the pre-packaged AM setup and got a WAY better tire than the cheapest Sumitumo setup they offer.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Asia
2007 gt

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Eyeguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
American muscle and CJ's pony parts has packages also.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well if you do get a pre-packaged tire combo be aware of a few things:

1 - The pre-mounted combos are known to have issues with the balancing and the weights flying off or even falling off during shipping. AM, at least, will reimburse you for a local re-balance but still... you might as well just buy separately for cheaper at that point.

2 - There are some very wonky sizings on some of these sites. I know of at least one AM staggered combo where the front wheel is a full 1/2" taller than the rear and it is very noticeable and looks really dumb. Before you buy, actually look up the overall tire diameter on a site like tirerack and make sure they match or are within .1 or .2 of each other. Same goes for staggered combos where the rear rim is 1" wider than the front but the rear tire is only 10mm wider than the front. Like a 275 up front and a 285 out back. Will look dumb. So do your research.

3 - You can often do better than any of the pre-packaged combos buying rims from AM/LRS/CJP/Ebay/CL/wherever and then a good set of tires from Tirerack/DiscountTire or even locally. This is what I did and I saved $hundreds over the cheapest Sumitumo setup plus my tires were sized better and mounted by a really good local shop while I watched and chatted with the tech and knew they were done right. I also got BFG Sport Comp 2s which are some of the best street tires out there and like I said, cheaper than the rock hard compound Sumis.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #8
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeguy05 View Post
Just wondering what other websites everyone uses other then AM for their rims and tires? I'm looking to upgrade my stock wheels to 19" or 20". Also looking for any suggestions on what colors would look best with vista blue and white racing stripes?
Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
I highly recommend our Wheel & Tire kits as we have many combinations available. We'll also mount, balance, and ship them for free as well! Telling you what I think would like best is bad business on my end. I'm not sure if you're a chrome guy, or you like a dark look. My best recommendation would be to take a look around. Regarding a comment in here about the wheel weights we've acknowledged this and changed weight manufacturers to ensure that we're not seeing issues like this anymore! In the event that you were to have any issues with them what so ever we're a post, pm, email or phone call away. We will bend over backwards to ensure that you're happy with our parts no matter what!!

Let me know if you're to have any questions or shoot me a PM, I'm always here to help out!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
I highly recommend our Wheel & Tire kits as we have many combinations available. We'll also mount, balance, and ship them for free as well! Telling you what I think would like best is bad business on my end. I'm not sure if you're a chrome guy, or you like a dark look. My best recommendation would be to take a look around. Regarding a comment in here about the wheel weights we've acknowledged this and changed weight manufacturers to ensure that we're not seeing issues like this anymore! In the event that you were to have any issues with them what so ever we're a post, pm, email or phone call away. We will bend over backwards to ensure that you're happy with our parts no matter what!!

Let me know if you're to have any questions or shoot me a PM, I'm always here to help out!

Alex

But you guys still haven't fixed some of your wonky wheel sizings. Example, the 18" rim combo for S197 with 255/45/18 up front and 275/40/18 out back. Front tire is 27", rear tire is 26.5". That is most definitely noticeable to the naked eye and looks funny. That is just one example.

I mean if people are going to pay a premium for not having to do a few hours of research on what tires they want then they should at least get the right sizings. One of the big reasons I did not go with an AM combo was the fact that the sizings were weird in some cases but also because it is too expensive for an 18" staggered setup with a good set of tires.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Try MrWheelDeal.com or Howey Industries.....I purchased from both and didn't have any problems....both with great customer service. I purchased wheels/tires mounted from Mr Wheel Deal and rims only from Howey.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Boss1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #11
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
But you guys still haven't fixed some of your wonky wheel sizings. Example, the 18" rim combo for S197 with 255/45/18 up front and 275/40/18 out back. Front tire is 27", rear tire is 26.5". That is most definitely noticeable to the naked eye and looks funny. That is just one example.

I mean if people are going to pay a premium for not having to do a few hours of research on what tires they want then they should at least get the right sizings. One of the big reasons I did not go with an AM combo was the fact that the sizings were weird in some cases but also because it is too expensive for an 18" staggered setup with a good set of tires.
Scotty-I definitely didn't forget and I absolutely had this put in front of the right teams here in order to get this fixed up as you're not the first that's mentioned this. Let me know if you're seeing anything else that doesn't seem right and I'll do anything in my power to have it adjusted.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

Off the top of my head there are a few for the SN95 in 18" format that run a 275/35/18 up front and 285/35/18 out back for a 18x9/18x10 format. More optimal would be a 255/40/18 up front to keep the sidewalls looking the same as far as flushness goes. That's just me though. And honestly, I always pick and choose my own tires for rims. It is nice to have it come all mounted already but I put together my own custom 18" staggered setup for cheaper than even the cheapest Sumitumo staggered 18" setup for my 98 and I used much better tires than the Sumis. This is including all shipping and mounting/balancing. $600 shipped for BFG tires from Tirerack, $582 for AM rims, $80 for the mount/balance. I think that's $30 cheaper than the Sumi combo on the cheapest 18" rims AM offers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires