Daily Driving with Drag Wheels - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Daily Driving with Drag Wheels

I've always liked the look of fattys on the back and skinnys on the fronts. My car is complete stock with just Flowmaster outlaw axlebacks. I really don't like the street lowered look. I don't plan on tracking the car. I just want it too look the way I want it to look.

I was thinking of welds or either racestar wheels. I want to do 15x8 rear and 17x4 or maybe a buit wider. I don't know what tire set up I need though. I'm on stock suspension.

What would be the pros and cons with this setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Renuco612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 12:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
On a daily driven car, braking performance is dictated by the contact patch of the front tires. Going with a skinny up front will severely hinder braking performance, and will be a detriment to handling in general.

I'd hate to find myself in an emergency avoidance maneuver without enough front traction. Not saying you can't find the "look" of a racing wheel up front, but try and maintain as much front contact patch as possible.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCon View Post
On a daily driven car, braking performance is dictated by the contact patch of the front tires. Going with a skinny up front will severely hinder braking performance, and will be a detriment to handling in general.

I'd hate to find myself in an emergency avoidance maneuver without enough front traction. Not saying you can't find the "look" of a racing wheel up front, but try and maintain as much front contact patch as possible.
Thinking of going 17x7 up front just for that reason.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...695983&alt=web

How do you think these will be? What tire size should i use with stock height. It will go on my 2014 GT with Brembo Brakes.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I don't think it will look much different then any other set of wheels/tires. When you talk about drag tires, I think of bigs and littles. Nothing says drag like a nice fat set of drag tires on the back.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires