Best winter tires for my 08 GT? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Pennsylvania
Best winter tires for my 08 GT?

So my 4.6L V8 is going to be my daily driver here in Eastern Pennsylvania, we will start seeing snow mid November until March. I still have my stock 17s. Is Blizzak the top dog then? If so which ones specifically would you recommend

Also, how are other winter tires, like the x-ice, winterforce, etc? I need the best I can get. I heard studless is better, is that true? Thanks!
Crixus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Get the blizzaks LM60's their the best youll love em I drove with those in PA winter last year 10+ inches daily man! i know somepeople will hate me for that LOL but I just like the way the stang handles in snow its easy to control to me.
As long as you are careful and give yourself room you will be fine. I never got stuck not even once. I drove by many front wheel drives that were stuck and smiled LOLLLLLLLLL but this year im set bought a 95 jeep wrangler LOLL stang can sleep in now hahah
skl1cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Hah! Nice. Yea those have been the top search result so far, idk if the sport or studless would be better though.

I dont see what there is to hate btw, even if I had money for a beater (which I don't) I wouldn't want to drive anything but my Stang! I'm looking forward to getting in touch with my GT this winter, find out how to handle it and become truly in control of my 4.6L V8, whatever mother nature throws our way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Imo, the blizzacs are fine, but the copper weather master st2 is the best rwd winter tire on the market. I have driven through 8 heavy Canadian winters (all in muatangs) and they have never let me down. Look into them for sure. They are studdable but I've never bothered. Best part is they are also really good everyday tires. Hell, they even grip pretty well! I also get great mileage out of them. Would recommend to anyone.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:04 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Will definitely look into those as well. I guess at the end of the day my biggest concern will be other drivers as it is in any weather. Keeping my distance will help and I rarely go on the freeway. Im going to be washing my v8 3-4x a week to get all the salt off but I think it'll work out. It is my car, not a toy LOL
Old 09-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Is there any mustang that drives good in the winter , winter tires or not ?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
97cobraJomg is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires