Nexen N'Fera SU1? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Question Nexen N'Fera SU1?

I've been looking around online for a decent set of Summer tires. Something that has a decent dry handling but wet traction as well. The factory Pirrelli P-Zeros are just that...zero. Had my 2012 V6 for 3 months, got caught on the highway with a freak downpour and I was sliding around all over the place. On the street they were just as band and worse upon accel. I had to start from 2nd just to ensure I didnt get sideways (mind you I was accelerating very mildly and a bit slow...no clutch drops or anything).

Anyway for how expensive they are I'm surprised. Online I found a couple brands one being Nexen N'Fera SU1(TireBuyer.com) another the GT Radial Champiro 328 (Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct) or the UHP1(Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct) and then there are the Nankang as a brand. Ive never really heard of any of these before. Has anyone here tried them due to the cheeper price. I understand that a lot of times you get what you pay for but sometimes there is one that stands out to be pretty good on in my experience with the P-Zeros very pricey and poor quality (again just my own experience with them).
Also if there is another tire that you recommend that wouldnt break my bank. $I cant go over $500...I also may need to buy just 2 for now and the other 2 later on down the road. Thanks guys!
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You're looking for 19s right? Can't go wrong with mickey Thompson street comps - got excellent ratings for the price you pay!
Others being toyo proxies, but I'm not sure about the pricing. As for the brands you have mentioned, they have excellent price point but I personally have zero knowledge about them. Maybe others will chime in soon to give you a better idea.
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'm looking for 18s. Ya, i hope so...spring isn't for another couple months...maybe more but I want to have it ready before then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone?
Old 03-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Look into Ohstsu P8000. They're essentially re branded Falken 452s for fraction of the price. Ohtsu is more or less the economical like of Falkens. Much like mickey Thompson and cooper tire
Old 03-08-2015, 10:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Damn, they look good but they don't offer them in my size.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I just replaced my 235/18/50 p-zero's with Cooper 245/18/45 Zeon RS3-S's and I could not be happier. They are so much better than the P's it is not funny, wet or dry. They are Y rated (186 mph) and made in the USA. Killer tires that were designed by Roush for Mustangs and I got them for <$100 a tire. What more can you want?
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah those coopers are much like mickey Thompson street comps.. Excellent street tire for the money! Check out performancetireplus, they usually have good sales going on
Old 03-15-2015, 12:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ya Ill lok into that
Tahnks
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires