Tiny pin hole in z rated tire - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Region: Texas
Tiny pin hole in z rated tire

When I bought my car a while back I realized my tires were 8 years old but with brand new tread on them. I didn't worry about it until recently when weather cracks showed up very quickly. so before anything happened, I went ahead and bought 2 new front tires. The next day someone took my stem cap and took some air out of my tire at work and I didn't notice until I was almost home, about a 15 minute drive. The next day after sitting on a flat, I brought my compressor home and filled it back up and drove for a little over a week. Continuing with my great luck I found a little hole on the inside wall of the tire which is pretty much unexplainable to me. I paid 200 each for the tires and don't want to pay for another one after I had these for only 2 weeks. Should I use a fix a flat? Or just go ahead and buy another tire? Sorry for the length

Sent from my Galaxy S5

ian taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: California

Take the tire back to where you bought it and they will be able to tell you if it is repairable or not.
If it isn't repairable, they may replace it under warranty.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Wheels & Tires