Mustang Evolution Forum banner

20x10 rims too big?

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  RayRayzStang 
#1 ·
I have 4.10 gears aluminum driveshaft boss 302 intake and jlt performance cai should I got with a smaller rim right now tires 275/35/20

#2 ·
As long as weight is low and diameter is close to stock I don't know why it would be a problem.

#12 ·
At a certain point you can distribute the weight of the car over too great an area and actually have worse traction than with a narrower tire.

#8 ·
I have Shelby CS1 machined wheels with nitto invo tires.
20x9 with 255 up front and
20x11 with 315 in the back.
Haven't had any rubbing, but definitely no extra room in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#9 ·
I have a 2015 Mustang GT Premium. Am I Able to fit 20 x 10 Foose F150 outcast
Wheels on all four corners with 305 35 20's Mickey Thompson Street comps without any issues I have the stock suspension with no mods other than an x pipe and flowmaster outlaw series exhaust, if I can't what are my options for the front and or rear to fit the wheel tire combo properly? Any tips or suggestions would help, thanks much

#10 ·
I have 20x11's in the rear. Used to have 305's on them too - lowered on Ford Racing Springs with zero issues and looks great from behind!

#13 ·
In the near future I plan on going to a narrowed rear end and back halfing the car using 2 by 3 rectangular tubing and setting it up with a 4 link and coil overs in the front and rear, along with a wishbone, so I'm not too worried about the traction issue. By using 4-link wizard, and getting the geometry of the car and the suspension tuned into the 4-link and a solid test n tune day, getting it dialed in achieving consistent straight launches with better and better 60 foot times, it's going to feel good going into race day. New Mark Williams axles + 5.14 richmond gears turning the big hides of corse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.