Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Best tire for 436.7 rwhp car

3K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  2011 Kona Blue 
#1 ·
Should I go with mt or some nitro 555r

#2 ·
It's all preference like what brand of oil to use... You're going to get different opinions on here. Also there's a lot more to consider than just power. Is it your DD? How often if at all do you track it? Do you ever drive in the rain? Personally I have Nitto NT555's and I love them. Nice wet weather handling and is a challenge to break my car loose even with TC off lol. (But that may just be cause its slow :banghead:)

#8 ·
If it's a "daily driver", you'll be happy with the Nitto Drag-Radials. I had them on mine in a 305 version and they were great! Lasted pretty "decent", but had great hookup and decently sticky.

#10 ·
I have to decide this very thing next shortly. For a street tire that is not a DR, the Mickeys are right up there. Although my local guy can do Toyo Proxes for $220 per corner mounted/balanced/warrantied/lifetime rotations at a 285/35/18 size so I may just be going that route... Hard to go wrong with the Toyos.

#12 ·
Since were on tires I could use your guys expertise. I currently have the factory Michelin 215/65/17 tires on my pony. My car is not lowered if that matters so would these tires work for me? Would my factory wheels for these new tires fit if need be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#14 ·
I recently got a set of 275/40/19 Sumitomo HTR Z III's off Tire Rack and am very impressed with the overall grip and road manners, especially for the price. Quieter then my stock Pirelli all seasons and grip like glue with 275's all around. I would not order them from anywhere else then Tire Rack, because they are currently on sale for $60 cheaper per tire than AM.

#16 ·
They will but remember, AM is free shipping and Tirerack is not. Its not a crazy amount to ship but still, depends where you live and what the rate they give you is.

#17 ·
Good point. So it may be the sane. Question sir. If you were to
take an educated guess, how many miles would the Nitto's drag radials last driving in a conservate manor? Meaning, not doing burnouts and 99.9 percent highway millage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#18 ·
Lol then what is the point of having them?

The 555Rs are a soft compound... maybe 10k if you go easy on them. I'd run Mickeys or BFGs or a legit good radial before I ran DRs.

Radials for the street, set slicks or ET streets on a spare set of drag tires for when you take it to the strip. Drag radials kind of half ass it IMO.

#26 ·
8" wide will give the 255 a little bit of a bulge look. 9" wide will be flush straight up and down. If you run 9" wide you might as well jump it up to a 265 or even 275 wide if you want.

#28 ·
I have a New Edge with 285s all around and lowered 1" all around. No idea why it wouldn't work on a S197 but I don't have one so I couldn't tell you for sure.

#36 ·
Your thought process is correct. Plenty of ppl run 275s up front. Like I said I have 285s up front on the Steeda car I bought and that size is what it came with originally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.